Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2014 Accent GS 1.6L ignition coil harness part number?

Old 08-26-2018, 12:37 AM
Default 2014 Accent GS 1.6L ignition coil harness part number?

Hello. I recently bought a 2014 Accent GS hatchback as a spare vehicle. It runs well but has a very slightly rough idle so I bought new spark plugs. They are inexpensive and provide peace of mind that they are new. When I began to install them, I saw that the wiring harness connectors that attach to the ignition coils had the retaining/locking latch broken off. Everything works fine but the harness connectors are secured to the coil with plastic ties. Looking online, comparable wiring harnesses are between $20-80 so no big deal. I cannot find the part number for the replacement harness for my car. I assume it is on the harness somewhere inside the plastic wire sleeve but I don't want to tear everything apart to find the tag, I'd rather take it apart once new parts are on-hand.

A similar part for the Kia Rio and Hyundai Veloster is part number 27350-2B000 but everywhere I look does not reference the Accent for that part. What part number harness do I need? Thank you.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:40 PM

If it is only one coil connector , you might consider replacing only the one which you might be able to get from a dealership parts dept. or a salvage yard.
If you choose to do that and use heat shrink connectors that is as good as original.
Many times the plastic gets brittle from heat and rough handling breaks them and zip ties if done neatly work just as well.
If,however, you must replace the harness your local Hyundai dealer parts dept should be able to supply the correct # .

Old 09-03-2018, 08:40 PM

I got the spark plugs changed. They had an ashy appearance but no dark fouling. I did not replace the harness. The connectors are fairly secure on their own. I put the zip ties around them again and clipped the excess. It is a very low stress connection and should be fine indefinitely.

Everything is running well.

Old 11-26-2021, 07:35 PM

I broke the coil connector on my Hyundai Elantra GT 2014 2l engine. I sent my wife to a Hyundai dealer and they told her that she had to change the whole wire harness at a cost of 1250$ and that was the only solution. I said no way. I wet to another Hyundai dealer myself and told him that it was impossible that changing the harness was the only solution since I’m sure that the dealers also break some when changing the spark plugs. This Hyundai part person was extremely nice and said give me your serial number and I will see what I can do. He sold me the coil connector 28$ and I disassemble it and replace the connector shell on my wife’s car. This is the solution and right way to fix a broken coil connector because they become dry and brittle. See link to video in my post it took me 1 hour to change it