Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

99 Accent OEM Fog lamp help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Default 99 Accent OEM Fog lamp help

Hello Folks

The previous owner had removed the original amber fog lights in bumper because of one being broken and so removed both, because it looked "unbalanced" with just one. I have found the wire hanging down from behind the drivers side bumper and put marr conectors/tape on ends and used cable-ties to hold wire in place (for now) until I have answer on how to re-install lamps.

Having never seen the factory fog lamp (from behind), I'm assuming the lamp itself has an offset wiring and mounting connector at back. The lamp itself is round but fits in the tear shaped (oval) depression in bumper. A large plastic or metal washer/nut assem. must be attached from behind and holds lamp in place.

I can only find 1 set of (ground+ 12V) wires on drivers side and searched passenger side for another set,but can't seem to find more. Perhaps the wire is supplied from factory which directly connects the right and left lamps together behind bumper and only the wires I found (see above), comes from the switch.on dash.

thanks for any info or suggestions you may have

regards; Terry

Old 11-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 99 Accent OEM Fog lamp help

Will the schematic help you? Even if you don't have the all the original wiring, this may help you recreate it:

Old 11-07-2007, 11:52 AM

Excellent......many thanks for schematic and quick reply !!!

phoning around to all the junk-yards to see if they have any lamps available for my 99. I'll let them pull them out and have ready for me at the front desk (where it's warm), as it's -5 windy and snowing at the moment. The Hyundai dealer wants $65. CDN. EACH !!!!!! (not installed ).

thanks again.....much appreciated

regards; Terry

Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Try ebay....