Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Accent (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/)
-   -   Accent spare wheel? (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/accent-spare-wheel-11728/)

Dadhom 11-04-2011 03:34 PM

Accent spare wheel?

Hi all,

I have the 2012 Accent GLS with the base 14 inch wheel. Anyone know where I can purchase a spare wheel or a donut spare?

Many thanks,

Dadhom

NovaResource 11-04-2011 05:00 PM

eBay or the dealer.

Dadhom 11-04-2011 07:49 PM

dealer spare tire kit

If anyone is interested, I called the dealer. They sell a "donut" spare and jack as a kit, and charge $300! I was caught with a flat, and using the Hyundai tow service, got towed to the dealer. Of course, they charged over $100 for the tire replacement. If anyone has any better options, let me know...

jmartin8310 11-09-2011 11:00 AM

No spare or jack! 2011 Sonata Hybrid

I recently got a "low pressure" warning, so I checked the pressure in all tires. OK, so it must the be spare. THERE IS NO SPARE or jack either. Just a small compressor and something like Slime. I was not told about this, and I find it completely unacceptable. If you do get a puncture, you are supposed to repair it on the car and proceed to the dealer for a replacement tire. Right!

I guess I will buy a spare and jack, but not from the dealer!!

NovaResource 11-09-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by jmartin8310 (Post 40383)
I was not told about this,

That information is in your owners manual. Did you read it? I'm guessing no.

Dadhom 11-09-2011 06:19 PM

Hey J Martin

I agree with your reaction. I have found that it is not very easy to got out and buy a spare or the donut spare, at least for the Accent. Most aftermarket wheels are larger or fancier, and all I want is a simple steel wheel, for which the dealer charges $300.

DH

jjsagain 05-22-2012 09:26 AM

I was wondering if prior year 14" wheels would have the same bolt pattern, if so a salvage yard mught be the answer. Does anyone know if the wheels are the same.

gregl50 05-22-2012 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by jjsagain (Post 43098)
I was wondering if prior year 14" wheels would have the same bolt pattern, if so a salvage yard mught be the answer. Does anyone know if the wheels are the same.

You want a rim with a 4 - 100mm bolt pattern and even a tire from a different make and model car might fit.

If the salvage yard don't help, try a tire or wheel dealer.

Myself, I put snows on the stock Rims and put the stock tires on aftermarket rims.

I have a full size snowtire as a spare right now.

cesar rodriguez 07-28-2014 09:46 PM

I found this information very helpful, I also need a new doughnut but what I'll be doing is go to salvage yard and get a regular wheel and get a new tire installed on rim. I doubt it'll cost 300.00 maybe 100.00 but I'll be driving safer with regular wheel than with a doughnut.

IslandGuy 08-24-2014 07:25 AM

Check with a BIG tire sales store.

I have friend owns BIG tire store said lot of people don't like NOT having a full size spare so they get one from him and leave the doughnut with him. He sells them for nominal fee much cheaper than the $399. they wanted where I bought my Accent. That and check junk yards most have a internet between yards so can find you one. I'd say you get one for $100. go for it.