Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Clutch noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Angry Clutch noise

2010 Accent- makes a hooting or groaning noise as the clutch pedal is released, only in reverse gear. Am going to call the dealership after the weekend to have them take a look at it. Pilot bearing problem? Also, I'm wondering whether this will be covered under warranty. I have heard that clutch problems are not covered. Any ideas much appreciated!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Default Clutch gone after one year

Took my 2010 in March of this year to a dealership in Sherwood Park, to check the groaning/whining noise coming from the clutch when releasing the clutch pedal. They told me that they fixed it by tightening the belts (????). Since then, nothing has changed, so I went to another dealership where they told me that the sound was from the release bearing, and that the entire clutch would have to be replaced under warranty. Anyone having similar problems with the clutch? No way should it go after one year. I've been driving manuals since 1968, and know how not to treat a clutch. You gotta watch which dealership you take your car to.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 PM

My clutch has never given me trouble, must be a fluke with your Accent. I agree, often dealers don't listen to people well enough the first time they bring their cars in for service. I went through 2 trips to dealer with mine to get a defective a/c compressor replaced, but on the same day, as I didn't even make it out of the lot before it started acting up. I don't think they even bothered checking it out the first time it was in. I hate dealers.