Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Accent (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/)
-   -   has anyone (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/has-anyone-9961/)

igggie 01-07-2011 02:42 AM

has anyone

has anyone experienced premature wear on the kumho tires placed on new accents or anyother model less than 18000 miles and wires showing called kumho and they do not cover premature wear???. im just curious.

austex04 01-09-2011 08:50 PM

They should cover them, as long as you have reciepts showing timely rotations, they should honor the treadwear warranty. I hate these tires that came with my car, and I only have 422 miles on them. I don't see any point on buying new tires for a new car, so I will live with them for a year or two, if I can stand it that long. I love the car, just not what tires it's riding on! Hyundai: please stop putting these tires on new cars. When I do replace the tires, I'm probably going to have Yokohama AVID Envigors put on, I found many good reviews on that tire. Too bad you don't live near me, I would sell you these almost new tires, and do the swap when I have new Yokohamas put on!

igggie 01-10-2011 02:19 AM

has anyone

i called the kumho warranty office they do not cover premature wear i called hyundai costumer service and they will pass on my concerns so its not covered i did buy new firestones esp. since the tire on the driver side blew out with the donut on the other side :mad: i kept the tires and when i get a chance i will go to the dealership and show them the tires with all the wires sticking out whew

igggie 01-11-2011 04:36 PM

Response (Hyundai Consumer Affairs) 01/10/2011 10:01 AM

this is the response ive received from the hyundai corporation

Dear Donna Wiederhold:

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Motor America. We appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback regarding the Kumho tires on your 2010 Hyundai Accent.

Our records indicate you called Consumer Affairs on January 6, 2011 and spoke with your Case Manager, Shauntel. Shauntel informed you tires originally equipped on Hyundai vehicles are warranted directly by the tire manufacturer.

We are sorry to learn about your disappointment regarding Kumho and your tires not being covered under warranty. We suggest forwarding your suggestion to Kumho, as we have documented your concerns and forwarded your suggestion to the department responsible for future changes to the Accent.

We have documented your comments under Case # 4247612. Please reference this number if we can be of any future assistance.

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Consumer Affairs.

austex04 01-13-2011 07:30 PM

Hyundai is right: they're supposed to prorate the treadwear warranty on your tires, it even says so in the warranty booklet. Do you also have reciepts showing when/miles/how often you rotated the tires? Your Hyundai dealer should also be able to help you with tire warranty. I would think the dealer service department is also a Kumho tire dealer, since Hyundai puts those on their cars.

igggie 01-15-2011 06:47 PM

have you

no the dealership does not prorate the tires and kumho did not even offer that option when i called they do not cover premature wear. now the hyundai dealership could try to barter a deal with kumho but it's nil impossible. i will bring the tires in to show the dealership when i make an appointment because i will want the alignment checked just in case but i don't feel that's the problem esp. since the other tires i put on seem to be doing well. but i need some time off to do this. and thats a forgotten luxury right now lol.

austex04 01-15-2011 07:05 PM

Michelin didn't even have any kind of treadwear warranty on the Michelin Energy tires I had on my old car. They didn't last very long (50k), for a $170 tire! I will never buy Michelin tires again after those, they ride good and quiet for the first 40k, then it's all downhill from there, not the first set of Michelin tires I had those issues with. I will give Yokohama tires a try on this car, once the crappy oem tires wear out, or drive me nuts, lol. Discount Tires sells Kumho tires, I never had a problem with Discount honoring warranty on tires. Make sure you bring the warranty card, and proof of date of purchase on the car. If the tire warranty book says there's a treadwear warranty, legally they have to honor it.

zero_gravity 01-16-2011 02:04 PM

its called threaten small claims court, watch how quickly they're willing to make a deal.

SantanaMana99 01-20-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by austex04 (Post 34401)
Hyundai is right: they're supposed to prorate the treadwear warranty on your tires, it even says so in the warranty booklet. Do you also have reciepts showing when/miles/how
hid headlight kits often you rotated the tires? Your Hyundai dealer should also be able to help you with tire warranty. I would think the dealer service department is also a Kumho tire dealer, since Hyundai puts those on their cars.

No Hyundai would not do anything to help you out with another brand of tire. Kumho should have a warranty for it though that is some BS.

Randy C. Wedlund 04-21-2012 11:36 AM

I had a similar problem,...; was told I needed at least two NEW tires, maybe 3 with less than 14K miles on a BRAND new 2010 Accent... the odd thing was to me was that one person on the consumer line knew about taking the tires to Sears regarding Warranty issues, but nobody else at the dealer or the first person I talked to on the consumer line! Frustrating... I did learn that you have to rotate these tires every 7500 miles - and yes it says that in the owners manual BUT not in the maintenance log for the 2010 Accents... seems to me that the rotation of tires should be IN the maintenance log - just sayin!!!