Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

next gen accent info (US spec)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Default next gen accent info (US spec)

Okay, i'm new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it admins, but I wanted to start a thread to try and compile information on the upcoming model of accent, particularly the US version. I keep finding a lot of conflicting info on the web.

Available models: Sedan and 5 door hatch. 3 door hatch has been reported discontinued. Possibility of non-US Accent coupe on the horizon as well

Engine: 2 different versions worldwide, a 1.4L with 101-110HP depending on who is reporting the info, and a 1.6L GDI with 124-140HP depending on the source. The 1.6L GDI may become available in the Avante/Elantra, possibly turbocharged. Some sources say that the 1.4L will not be seen in the US.

Transmission: Best case scenario, a 6-speed auto and 6-speed manual have been reported, typically paired with the 1.6L GDI, but a 5-speed manual and 4-speed slushbox have also been reported.

Trims: No info reported as of yet, however in Korea the Accent GDI appears to be top trim level.

MPG: Various sites say anywhere from 38-43mpg, which is good, but not as good as it could be when compared to the new Elantra.

Price: Unknown at this time, however, in Korea, the top of the line model comes out under $14k when converted to USD, with the base model starting just over $13k

This space reserved for additional info. If you have any info to add or feel any of it needs correction, please respond. If you wanna be a dick and ask me to list all my sources I can link you to the various automotive forums and blogs and reviewers who all like to say "according to hyundai" before they post information that may or may not be accurate.

Last edited by Aluus; 12-23-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 AM

The US spec is set to debut now in april at the new york auto show, however the new accent made it's north american debut last week in Canada at the Montreal Auto show. It's equipped with the 1.6 liter GDI engine that makes 138HP mated to either a 6 speed manual or 6 speed automatic.

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD4Gd...e_gdata_player

Given the weight of the sedan, if it does have the 1.6 gdi with the 6 speed, i'm betting on a 0-60 near the 8-8.5 second mark. Given weight, hp and torque, on paper at least it reminds me of the last model of dodge neon.

Last edited by Aluus; 01-25-2011 at 03:51 AM.