Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Accent (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/)
-   -   Need some help / Insite (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/need-some-help-insite-14799/)

grams06accent 11-22-2014 12:59 PM

Need some help / Insite

Hey guys looking for some insite as to what is wrong with my 06 Accent. For the past few weeks the car would no like to start right away, while cold. After a min of cranking it would fire up and be good. Then the other day it stopped starting all together. Here is what Ive looked at so far. After reading a ton of forums I went out and replaced the crankshaft pos sensor, and made sure it only had the one o ring on it. There is no spark and pulling out a plug smells like fuel so I have fuel and not spark. Cam shaft sensor is also new. I checked out the timing belt which was recently changed and it too is also fine. Relays and fuses look good to. What am I missing?

Frequency 11-22-2014 01:12 PM

Have your battery tested at a local parts store. When the weather gets cold weak batteries will start to fail.

grams06accent 11-22-2014 01:26 PM

I also should have mentioned, that I had the battery checked out 3 separate times, and it tests out good. Thanks for the reply

Frequency 11-22-2014 05:11 PM

How old is the battery? It's possible that it's testing good but not putting out enough Cold Cranking Amps to start the car.

I'd check the starter, they have tendencies to die slowly. Did you check that as well?

Tell us about the mileage of the car and other details that might be helpful. Take a picture of under the hood as well.

grams06accent 11-22-2014 09:46 PM

Autozone checked out the starting system, they said it was good. As for the battery it is just over a year old, had the shop where I got it test it for warranty for that very reason. Fuses and relays all look good, I went through them this afternoon. Everyone says its the crank sensor and I had an aftermarket one installed recently so I changed that today with an OEM part, no dice. spark plugs all look good and I tested 2 of the 4 cylinders both no spark. I tried some starting fluid into the throttle body just to see but still nothing.

Frequency 11-22-2014 10:15 PM

I might put it in the shop then. I'm not sure what else it could be. Possibly a short or bad ground wire. I'd double check your connections to the cam and crank sensors, and make sure the battery has its terminals on tight.

grams06accent 11-24-2014 12:05 PM

Update: after a few hours of looking around I re installed the crankshaft position sensor , it must not have been tight enough because the car fired right up. So good news car runs, bad news I did an oil change only to find chocolate milk instead of oil. Starting to think this car is cursed.

Frequency 11-25-2014 01:07 PM

I'd flush the system and change your oil twice, as well as your coolant. Watch the level and if you're losing coolant and dirtying up the oil you might have a blown head gasket.