Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

One day clutch pedal provides no resistance; cannot get into gear: 2001 Accent

Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Default One day clutch pedal provides no resistance; cannot get into gear: 2001 Accent

Hello. I have a 2001 Accent. The other day I tried to use my car and the clutch pedal gave no resistance all the way to the floor. It had worked fine previously. It was a cold day, but not especially cold this year.

I checked the clutch fluid level and it was low (looked empty) -- oops. There's also some sludgey stuff in the side/bottom of the cup. I added fresh brake fluid and it made no difference. Warming up the ending and pumping the clutch pedal did nothing. I waited a day, noticing that the brake fluid had not leaked away, and tried again. Still nothing.

I'm fairly new to this. Is there a chance this is something I can easily and really quickly fix myself, like replacing a cable?

Old 01-04-2012, 09:07 AM

if it got that low it sounds like you need to bleed the system, there is a bleed point down at the hydro unit on the trans, just like brakes,,,,also, if it was low, why? where did it go? you might have a broken line going to the hydro unit.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:29 AM

As in the question, you didn't mentioned the correct symptoms for the clutch, there are many possibilities for this problems. so you need to check according to the problem. there might be broken plates inside the clutch unit, binding of splined shaft on driven plate hub, Due to the bonding of pilot bearing with clutch shaftm, engine output shaft and clutch splined shaft might be getting misaligned. these are the most common causes for above mentioned problem

Old 01-27-2012, 04:37 AM

Thanks. I ended up having the car towed and the slave cyclinder replaced. The latter is not very expensive.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:07 PM

I think the slave cylinder in these cars is a weak point. I have a 2002 Accent 140,000 miles and I have replaced it twice.