Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Squeaky Spark Plugs??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Default Squeaky Spark Plugs??

Hello all, i'm new here and know a little about cars but I'm hoping you can help me figure out what's going on (or if I should be concerned driving it to work until I can take it to the shop).

Basically today I was trying to teach my gf to drive standard (5speed 2003 Hyundai Accent GS with 71 000km) and she was... a little rough on the car. After a somewhat rough stall, I decided to call it a day and head home. On the way home, I noticed a squealing coming from the left side of the vehicle. When we got to her house and I popped the hood, I was surprised to notice the noise was coming from the right side of the engine (read: away from the belts). It sounded like it was coming from where the spark plug wires come from. At first I thought it was a distributor problem, but then I came to the conclusion that I dont' think I have one Essentially it is a squeaking that is pretty much timed with what sounds like the valve clicking. Giving the engine more gas results in a faster squeak, but pretty much the same pitch.

Basically, what I want to know is: 1) is it possible that the rough driving caused this? I don't really see how but I can't help but make a connection. 2) is there anything in that area of the engine I should be concerned about? I'll take it to hyundai tomorrow evening, but I still have to drive ~50km to work. I don't want to break anything on the way!

Thanks for all your help everyone/anyone

Look forward to some expertise.