Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Accent (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/)
-   -   Synthetic Transmission Fluid (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/synthetic-transmission-fluid-621/)

Brant 11-27-2005 06:30 PM

Synthetic Transmission Fluid

OK folks just looking for thoughts & advise if any is required.
I am thinking on changing the tranny fluid on my 05 Accent GT with just over 6k on her. IS it just that simple to drain the OEM tranny fluid and add the Aimsoil Synthetic ATF fluid. Also the tranny fluid capacity??
Thanks,
Brant

poacher 11-29-2005 09:39 PM

RE: Synthetic Transmission Fluid

Can't help ya there buddy, I am not familiar enough with that tranny to give advice. Sorry sarge

Nauticus 12-06-2005 11:40 PM

On a manual....I would have to say it would be a good idea. Just like the advantages of synthetic oil in the engine, the advantages of a synthetic tranny would be the same. As long as it doesn't reduce the protection..... go for it. I was thinking of the same thing for my '03.

It really is as easy as draining it out through the axles.....then just fill it through the fill port on the front till it starts to seep out of the fill hole. Put the plug in and call it a day.

An automatic.....would have to do some research in the additives. Auto trannys can be very picky.....and very expensive to fix. Replace the fluid with non-dealer fluid, get your checkbook out.

Chad@junblusa.com 12-07-2005 02:12 PM

Just don't drop the pan. I would take the car to a quick lube or oil change place and have them suck it out. You just droping the pan doesn't help it out. There is still old oil in the trans. As far as the oil goes. Amsoil is the best out I think..

Brant 12-07-2005 02:40 PM

I spoke with a tech from Amsoil. According to them I could just drain the fluid at this point & refill with their synthetic tranny fluid which is compadiable with Hyundai's tranny fluid. Still giving it some thought before going through with it.
Brant

Chad@junblusa.com 12-08-2005 06:30 PM

I would suck out all the oil.. I am telling you'll still have some of your old trans oil in the pan..

poacher 12-09-2005 11:30 AM

Well Sarge, if the tech said so I guess that it might be a good move.

Brant 12-09-2005 08:18 PM

The deed is done. We are now fully synthetic!!! What a difference in the cold weather to be honest. The tranny appears to warm up faster which is great since I'm only a few miles from the Garden State Parkway. Thus far....zero problems.
Brant

Nauticus 12-09-2005 08:22 PM

Is your car an auto or manual?

Brant 12-10-2005 08:13 PM

My car has an auto-tranny. This morning heading out to work the outside temp was at 22 degrees. It took half the distance for the over-drive to kick in. Sweeeeeeeet!!!!
Brant