Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

trans coil pack 99 accent auto transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Default trans coil pack 99 accent auto transmission

Ok so I recently went to the dealership to have them check why my car was having trouble shifting properly.They said it was some kind of trans coil pack or something like that.What i need to know is where exactly its at and how to go about replacing it as in step by step or as close to it as possible.also what does it look like.Basically any and all info I could get on this and the rest of my car would be very helpful

Old 02-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Banned

Sorry, there's no "trans coil pack". Here's some questions to help you track down the problem:

How many miles do you have?
Did you flush the transmission? If so, when, at how many miles?
What are the symptoms?
What does the dealer want to replace, and how much do they want to charge?
Did you have a trouble code scan done? If not, go to Autozone, tell them you have a "check engine" light, and note any codes.

About half the mechanics will do a good job and charge a lot of money, the other half won't do a good job, and still charge a lot of money. Better for you to answer the questions I put to you, and we'll try to fix it for free for you.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bailey3
Ok so I recently went to the dealership to have them check why my car was having trouble shifting properly.They said it was some kind of trans coil pack or something like that.What i need to know is where exactly its at and how to go about replacing it as in step by step or as close to it as possible.also what does it look like.Basically any and all info I could get on this and the rest of my car would be very helpful
So you want to repair your trans but you don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. That's a recipe for disaster.

First, if the trans isn't shifting right, the mechanic probably said CLUTCH pack, not COIL pack. If that's correct, that is an internal problem in the transmission and unless you have experience rebuilding transmissions, I wouldn't suggest you doing it yourself. Take it back to the mechanic and let them fix it correctly.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Banned

and make sure they top off your headlight fluid