Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

troubleshooting a blower not working

Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Default troubleshooting a blower not working

I have a 2008 Accent that has a problem with the fan switch not turning on the blower for the heat or AC. I have tested the fuse, and relay. Any ideas where to check next?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

The switch is bad...the blower motor died...bad wire...etc...

2008 + 5 year warranty = covered until 2013. Go back to the dealer and let them fix it.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:39 AM

hi my 2007 accent with 105,000 miles - the blower just stopped, i checked the fuse under the front drivers side dash, 10 amp, and that is fine. what are the chances that it is the fuse under the hood (blue 1" square/cube), where is the switch if i need to replace that and how do i replace the blower motor itself?
it is cold in new hampshire today, 10 degrees F

Old 01-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

I'd check the fusible link under the hood first. Yes, it could be that.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Question 2007 accent blower motor

hi, i wanted to "borrow" the other identical fuse under the hood called "main", i removed the fuse and car died. i switched the motor blower fuse (blue 1" cube) into its place and sattedwith the "main" fuse, under the hood and the car started and ran fine - therefore detucted that fuse for motor blower is fine

what would you suggest for a next step, buy and install a switch?

Old 01-22-2012, 04:28 PM

it should say ...switched the motor blower (blue 1" cibe) into its place and car started and ran fine...

Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 AM

The fan switch is connected to the blower motor resistor which controls the flow of electricity to the fan. so there might be a problem with your resistor. if you want to know more about this device then i found the best sources of autopedia ...there are many other parts also with its description along with its working
What Is Air Conditioning Blower Motor Resistor

Old 09-10-2015, 08:59 PM

I found out today that the plug and harness are faulty I have had my fan blower go out here and there and I went to see what I had to do.to fix it. The blower wouldnt blow so with the.key on and the fan speed set at for 4 I reached to check the connection and when I touched it the fan came on let go went off so I felt when I.wiggled it u could feel the plug.get.warm so I think hyundai should concern this issue I read about this all the time. As me being a tech for 13 yrs I always check the obvious before tearing it apart. Hipe this helps

Old 09-30-2015, 04:22 PM

Sometimes the problem may be caused by a faulty blower assembly.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:28 PM

There have been more issues with the blower motor than a few people. The issue is with the harness at the bower motor so hyundai should do a saftey check or do a advisory with the issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: troubleshooting a blower not working