Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Why Won't My Car Start?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Question Why Won't My Car Start?!

Hey folks....

Proud owner of an '06 Hyundai Accent GLS. Every now and then when I go to start my car I will get a clicking sound and the engine refuses to turn. The CD display is on, so obviously there's some power flowing to the car but not enough to turn the engine.

This problem just started recently. I bought a battery charger, and that seems to do the trick whenever the problem occurs (and no I'm not leaving any lights on thereby draining the battery).
Judging by the fact that the battery charger seems to do the trick, I'm assuming it's a battery issue but please correct me if I'm wrong.

If it is in fact a battery issue, I've been considering replacing it with the Motomaster Eliminator Spiral Grid Battery. --------------> http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...%2BBattery.jsp

I'd just like to find out if this battery's dimensions will fit inside an '06 Hyundai Accent.

Thanks!

Old 08-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Check the battery first. It may be that the alternator is not charging the battery.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:34 AM
Cool ...

Originally Posted by NovaResource
Check the battery first. It may be that the alternator is not charging the battery.
I FINALLY decided to get off my lazy butt and take it into the dealer (only because there was a recall issue regarding a "stop lamp" I had to take care of).

They ran a free diagnostic test on the system, and he advised what some of you have already posted. Because I'm a low/mild driver (my 2006 Accent only has 46000 km's on it) it is taking it's toll on the battery. He advised me to replace it if it continues to be a problem. No mention though of them replacing it "under warranty".

I've been looking at Canadian Tires Eliminator. I hear it's an amazing battery for our Canadian winters. Any experienced Eliminator users out there?