Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Bluetooth / USB auxiliary audio connection conflict

Old 11-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Default Bluetooth / USB auxiliary audio connection conflict

I've searched all over the web (and these forums) for an answer to this little conundrum, which pertains specifically to my 2012 Accent, but may apply to any Hyundai vehicle with Bluetooth.

Imagine this scenario: I've been listening to mp3s using my iphone (which is connected via USB because I prefer to see songs in display and use steering wheel controls), meanwhile my phone and my Hyundai have an active BT connection (icon visible in display) for making phone calls . Now, after shutting off the car and restarting it a few minutes later, this happens:

- MP3 playback resumes (via USB)
- Audio cuts out... because...
- Bluetooth has taken over my audio.

This leaves me with two options. Press aux button on the radio until BT is selected (thereby eschewing my preferred mp3 playing mode), OR hit that 'dock' button on my iphone screen (in the ipod function) and reselect dock connection.

Most of the time I avoid this problem by having my older iphone 3g serve as my USB-connected mp3 device, while I have my iphone 4 on me for BT phone calls. But if for no other reason than principle, there must be a work-around for this. I'd appreciate any input!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:30 PM

I have the same thing going on with mine. Haven't found a solution though. Not my biggest complaint. What I hate the most is fighting the iPod to play pandora. It auto plays the iPod when I connect my phone. But when I start pandora it will pause and play the iPod again. I push play on pandora then it pauses to play the iPod. This gets repeated like 10 times till I can play pandora smoothly with no problems.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:04 AM

I don't use Pandora, but that sounds #$%@ frustrating.. man..

And to add to that complaint.. the MP3 track display is always a track 'ahead' of the one actually playing. This problem can be solved by pressing the 'rdm' button for random play.. that way when the track advances it displays correctly. However, the car - for certain when the engine/power is shut off, and occasionally just spontaneously - "loses" the random setting. So when a new song is advanced to, I have to click 'back' a couple times before the right one is displayed, which lasts until the next track advances and displays incorrectly again.
[caveat: to avoid the Bluetooth / USB conflict, I use my old iphone 3g through USB while my iphone 4 is Bluetooth connected to receive calls. It would be real simple to see if the old phone is the problem, just haven't tested a different mp3-player yet]

EDIT: My newer iPhone works fine, MP3s display properly. Seems that older iPod/Phones might have some communication issues though.

Last edited by Marathon Blue SE; 12-09-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Marathon Blue SE
I've searched all over the web (and these forums) for an answer to this little conundrum, which pertains specifically to my 2012 Accent, but may apply to any Hyundai vehicle with Bluetooth.

Imagine this scenario: I've been listening to mp3s using my iphone (which is connected via USB because I prefer to see songs in display and use steering wheel controls), meanwhile my phone and my Hyundai have an active BT connection (icon visible in display) for making phone calls . Now, after shutting off the car and restarting it a few minutes later, this happens:

- MP3 playback resumes (via USB)
- Audio cuts out... because...
- Bluetooth has taken over my audio.

This leaves me with two options. Press aux button on the radio until BT is selected (thereby eschewing my preferred mp3 playing mode), OR hit that 'dock' button on my iphone screen (in the ipod function) and reselect dock connection.

Most of the time I avoid this problem by having my older iphone 3g serve as my USB-connected mp3 device, while I have my iphone 4 on me for BT phone calls. But if for no other reason than principle, there must be a work-around for this. I'd appreciate any input!
I had this issue too. I think it depends on the phone. My GF has a samsung intercept and Hyundai Sonata (2011) with the bluetooth, etc. She was able to listen to pandora via the USB AND still have blutooth connection for calls. It was a bit finicky to set it up though.

As for my 2012 accent, I turn off blutooth and just hook up my phone via the headphone jack and not the USB. I have an HTC eris