Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Would Like Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 04:16 AM
Default Would Like Cruise Control

Has anyone here had a cruise (speed) control installed on a accent? I would like to install one on my 2002 .
Any suggestions for a good price on a kit ? USA or Canada. Doesn't matter. I live in a border town. Canadian Tire stores in Canada used to have them for $99.00 but have discontinued stocking them (at least out west where I am)
My dealer told me no accents had cruise even as an option but he thought it 'might' be an option on the 2007's.
W.Y.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Old 05-26-2006, 04:30 AM
Default RE: Would Like Cruise Control

Thanks cslsxpistol for those links. I followed up on them and although they have no installation depots within hundreds of miles from me they did give me names of other suppliers and I am following up on a few.
I do a lot of my own servicing but I think installing a cruise control on a modern day vehichle is a little above my capabilities so I am still shopping for a combination of good price and expert installation.
W.Y.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 AM

Cruise control update;
Although the link provided didn't work out for my area it led to many more investigations and prices etc until I found a dealer that specializes in cruise control installations . I am going to get one installed on Tuesday 06/07/06 . It will be a three hour + drive each way but I like driving my little accent so that's not a problem.
I will provide another update after it is installed and reveal price and how well it works and if it was worth the money etc after I have tested it out for a few days.
Cheers.
W.Y.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:03 PM

As promised I am providing an update after installation.
I got the cruise control installed and have put several hundreds miles on since to test it out. I am delighted . I wish I had done it sooner. It works just as good as any factory installed ones that I have had in previous vehichles.
It is the electronic type rather than the vacuum type. I have learned that the vacuum type although a little less money are not very good at all compared to the electronic ones.
It cost $349.00 and was installed by Auto Trim Design in Spokane, Washington.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with this dealer. Merely a very satisfied customer because they did professional work at a fair price and it only took about an hour for them to install it.
W.Y.