Hyundai Atos Predominantly sold in Europe, the Atos is the smallest of the Hyundai lineup offering European sub-compact styling.

Atoz+ driving noise and lower mpg

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Default Atoz+ driving noise and lower mpg

Hi I just bought an Atoz+ on ebay with full service history, new cambelt, 60k etc. When I drive it is noisey. A few scapes and sounds - I guess there is not much to this car and not much buffering but as you faster you get a noise I can't live with. Sounds like front right, doesn't happen in neutral else very quiet - only when in gear with engine on or off at speed - kind of 1) a scraping 2) a wow wow wow wow - like a bus. A friend said maybe drive shaft or something... Too noisey to live with and annoyed as said nothing about it on ebay. Also first tank got me 32mpg.. I thought these did more? 1L

Thanks

Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Default RE: Atoz+ driving noise and lower mpg

I have anAtoz that make the same noise as you described after running 4 years or 80K+. The noise is speed dependent "wow wow" whichget louder as you drive faster.Changed the front wheel bearing fixed the problem.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:01 AM

you have no idea how much i hope you are right - that does sound like the noise - but it does have a few other noises going on around it as well

reason i am hoping a mechanic drove it and said i think it is the gear box as when the clutch comes up most of the noises stop

he then went on to quote £750 to take it out (what i bought the car for) and get it refurbished etc (bearings) and then said you may as well do the clutch as well when you take all that out

and we have NO money at the moment! MOT is in 1 month so will get the bearings check - thanks!
dan

Old 12-05-2008, 12:16 PM

turns out to be my worst fears

the gearbox - has anyone tried these fluids that reduce friction etc in the gearbox?

also MOT was £450 - new pads and discs, tyres, fuel inlet leaking to petrol tank etc

ripped off on ebay bad for this car