Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

2012 Azera w/Tech Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Default 2012 Azera w/Tech Package

I took delievery on a 2012 Azera with the Tech Package about a month ago, and have been very happy with the car!

It has many convenience, luxury, and technical features that I find useful in my daily drives.

I am slightly disappointed with the gas mileage (about 18 in city driving), but that may improve as the engine breaks in.

My only complaints are very trivial, but I'll post them here just to see what others think:
  • The rear view mirror and it's constant display of the "Compass". As I have the NAV option, the compass display is not necessary and a distraction to me. According to the owners manual, the compass display can be disabled (and this setting will persist after starts/restarts of the vehicle) by pressing the center button on the rear view mirror once. I have not found that to be the case and must press the center button on the rear view mirror once each time I start the car to disable the Compass. A bit frustrating.
  • The combined turn signal/head light switch. Maybe I have a "heavy hand" when actuating the turn signal, but it seems that about 50% of the time I use the turn signal, the Bright Lights get toggled "On". I have "played" with the turn signal/light switch and have found that the very "slightest" movement forward of the switch activates the bright lights. I don't know if the switch is malfunctioning or if this is just by design. I will be checking this out on another Azera next time I am at the dealer.
  • I wish there was a way to totally disable the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) without turning off the "AUTO" feature of the lighting system. As you can tell, I don't like DRL's, but do want the AUTO feature for my external/dashboard lights. Wish there was a separate switch to disable DRL's so that AUTO would still function.
In other words, for a car of this cost and complexity, very minor issues. I am very happy with the purchase.

I paid $34k for the car and am wonderng about other owners thoughts and comments are about the "new" generation Azera?

Old 09-21-2012, 05:58 AM
Smile

I have a 2012 ne Azera that does not have the Tech package. It has the 3.3 engine and the bets i have for gas millage is 35.2 mpg on a long interstate drive. It is usually 32 to 34 mpg on the highway. In town i get 25 to 27. I now have 7500 miles without a problem. I live in NH and like the compass display.

I really like this auto.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Former Site Vendor
Default 2012 Hyundai Azera Accessories

Hello GamblinMan and dichayer,

We're hoping that your loving your new cars, first of all. The redesigned body for this new generation Azera is really impressive. Not sure if you have any mud guards or all weather floor mats, but Winter is coming and it's a rough time for many of us drivers to keep our cars protected both inside and out. But if you are going to looking at some Genuine OEM accessories from Hyundai, we can most certainly help you out with some great deals. We have recently updated our products and you can view them here for your 2012 Hyundai Azera Accessories if you want. We are even adding some aftermarket grilles in the near future.

So two things to help you out are these:
1. All orders $150 or over receive FREE SHIPPING.
2. Use this coupon code for 10% off your order: codehf

Enjoy your new 2012 Hyundai Azera!
- Team HyundaiShop -

Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by GamblinMan
I took delievery on a 2012 Azera with the Tech Package about a month ago, and have been very happy with the car!

It has many convenience, luxury, and technical features that I find useful in my daily drives.

I am slightly disappointed with the gas mileage (about 18 in city driving), but that may improve as the engine breaks in.

My only complaints are very trivial, but I'll post them here just to see what others think:
  • The rear view mirror and it's constant display of the "Compass". As I have the NAV option, the compass display is not necessary and a distraction to me. According to the owners manual, the compass display can be disabled (and this setting will persist after starts/restarts of the vehicle) by pressing the center button on the rear view mirror once. I have not found that to be the case and must press the center button on the rear view mirror once each time I start the car to disable the Compass. A bit frustrating.
  • The combined turn signal/head light switch. Maybe I have a "heavy hand" when actuating the turn signal, but it seems that about 50% of the time I use the turn signal, the Bright Lights get toggled "On". I have "played" with the turn signal/light switch and have found that the very "slightest" movement forward of the switch activates the bright lights. I don't know if the switch is malfunctioning or if this is just by design. I will be checking this out on another Azera next time I am at the dealer.
  • I wish there was a way to totally disable the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) without turning off the "AUTO" feature of the lighting system. As you can tell, I don't like DRL's, but do want the AUTO feature for my external/dashboard lights. Wish there was a separate switch to disable DRL's so that AUTO would still function.
In other words, for a car of this cost and complexity, very minor issues. I am very happy with the purchase.

I paid $34k for the car and am wonderng about other owners thoughts and comments are about the "new" generation Azera?
Was $34k before TTL and fees? I am looking into purchasing an Azera this week. I opted against the Tech Package because the only option it had that I wanted were the HIDs which I will probably just install myself.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Default Response....

The $34k was before tax and title.

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for! Let all of us here in the forum know how it goes, what you get, and what you end up paying.

I'm still very happy with the car!!!

Tim

Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Thanks Tim. I just bought her yesterday. A 2012 Azera, Smoke Gray Metallic. It was their last 2012 on the lot that they really wanted to get rid of so I got a pretty amazing deal $32,600 out the door. It's really a beautiful car inside and out and I can't wait to put some miles on her

Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 AM

Congratulations! Hope you like it as well as I am enjoying mine!

Was that price including tax and title? Either way, good price, but if that is including tax and title, I'm jealous! I had more room and left $$ on the table if that is the case!

Nice work!

Tim

Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 PM

Yep, out the door that's all I paid. It was an uncommonly good deal because they wanted to get rid of it. I love the car, drives really smooth and has tons of amenities. Only thing I wish I could've gotten were the HIDs without the $4,000 package.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by NeverOddOrEven
Yep, out the door that's all I paid. It was an uncommonly good deal because they wanted to get rid of it. I love the car, drives really smooth and has tons of amenities. Only thing I wish I could've gotten were the HIDs without the $4,000 package.
Hey everybody! Iam about to have my Azera. Ordered 2013 Standard package for many reasons - manly too many unnesassary bells and whistles wich add a lot of weight to the car and may cause potential problems in the future. My car should be on our shores sometimes in December, so I try to learn and study about this car as much as I can. I agree with you, NeverOddOrEven about HID missing in our package. Short time ago I was sure what I'd install an automarket HIDs on my car as my first project. Now I am more sceptical about it. Not because it is dificult, just don't want to loose my warranty if something will happens with electrical. Instead I am thinking to install a pair of Silverstar zXe on low beams. They look and perform good (per youtube references). Problem is, since I still don't have a car, wether they fit to our cars, or not. I also planing to install a clear paint protection film on front end.
Question to NeverOddOrEven:
did your car came with splash guards, wheel locks, floor mats, etc.? Thanks.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by rainbow9
Hey everybody! Iam about to have my Azera. Ordered 2013 Standard package for many reasons - manly too many unnesassary bells and whistles wich add a lot of weight to the car and may cause potential problems in the future. My car should be on our shores sometimes in December, so I try to learn and study about this car as much as I can. I agree with you, NeverOddOrEven about HID missing in our package. Short time ago I was sure what I'd install an automarket HIDs on my car as my first project. Now I am more sceptical about it. Not because it is dificult, just don't want to loose my warranty if something will happens with electrical. Instead I am thinking to install a pair of Silverstar zXe on low beams. They look and perform good (per youtube references). Problem is, since I still don't have a car, wether they fit to our cars, or not. I also planing to install a clear paint protection film on front end.
Question to NeverOddOrEven:
did your car came with splash guards, wheel locks, floor mats, etc.? Thanks.
My car came with floor mats and splash guards installed, but they are technically options. It did not come with wheel locks. A few other options it came with that I did not pay for:

*Cargo Net
*First Aid Kit
*iPod Cable

Quick Reply: 2012 Azera w/Tech Package