Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Anybody have one yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Default Anybody have one yet?

Just curious to what they're like. good power? Quality of materials?

Old 04-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Default RE: Anybody have one yet?

I have owned an Azera Limited since late February. I just took a lengthy road trip in it. Love this car! Great power, quality components, handles like a road-hugging cheetah chasing prey. Very comfortable on a trip, but spunky with a ton of power when you need it to pass tractor-trailers and get on the interstate. Ran very well in the mountains even with the AC on. Mileage was very good. I make this same trip several times a year, but this time I saved 18 gallons of gas over what my former car used. With gas prices hovering around the $3.00 a gallon mark everywhere I went, that was a little bit of relief. At least I can afford to drive it with it being good on gas. I would recommend the Azera for any finicky driver that expects excellent ride and handling in all weather conditions. Drives like a dream in extremely heavy thunderstorms in the mountains. Couldn't ask for much more in a car. GO TEST DRIVE ONE. You'll be glad you did!

Old 04-25-2006, 02:42 AM

I was just curious, I have a 2006 Tiburon SE V6 6-speed that I just bought. Im really starting to like hyundai

Old 04-26-2006, 10:47 AM

Thought you might like to know ... last night my husband drove me to supper in the Azera. He made the serious mistake of "stomping" on the accellerator from a stop sign to cross a busy highway. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER FLOOR AN AZERA. You better have your seat belt on, and hang onto the steering wheel. Even he hollered, "WHOA!!!!" Squealing tires and flying down the road is soooooooooooo childish ... LOL.

He normally drives a Chevy Tahoe, and this is a bit more car than he is used to.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:51 PM

Thats funny. Yeah My Tiburon catches alot of eyes, including lots of law inforcment so I try to keep my car civalized.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:27 PM

Just purchased a Limited/ultimate Azera last week. Wife's car - she hasn't found the full tip-in on the accelerator yet - but I have! ; -) (It's got gobs of torque but not nearly as vicious as a Saab Viggen for torque steer.)

Old 11-13-2006, 06:52 PM

For a full report, C&D had a road test in July's issue I think. Very complimentary and performance above average, for example 9 sec range 60 to 100 (a much more accurate gage of acceleration than 0 to 60 mph which is heavily dependent on too many variable facors its meaninless. They also missed the two real negatives: the silly oil filter and oddball tire sizes. Wait'll a few owners get their filters changed by grease monkeys with dirty rags and greasy towels getting trash in their bearings and valve trains.
And try to get decent priced tires in the correct sizes, too. You'll pay Michelin prices for ordinary tires. Yes, I know the Pirelli Nero (400, A/A, and great feedback)are $79 each at TIRErack but they are on special and probably won't be long.