Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Dashboard Cracked~

Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Dashboard Cracked~

This is costing Hyundai a lot in terms of money, but probably even more in terms of PR. Your quote is very telling: "Love my wifes Azera, am tempted with the Genesis but not if this crap keeps happening...!" They need to take care this before it turns into a PR blunder. I bet they are just about ready to strangle their supplier for the dash pads.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:25 PM

My dealer took care of it right away and put their best technician on it (which is probably why it only took a day) They told me I was their first Azzy that had this problem but they had several sonatas they had to replace the dash on. When I brough it in I kind of got this look from the service manager like oh great...here we go with this model. Nothing but apologies for the inconvenience and I can't believe this happened - I'm terribly sorry's though. A word to anyone out there's dealer who may be attempting to replace one for the first time. According to my service director it was a B**ch to put in and they questioned several times during the installif it was the correct part.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:15 PM

Hey, Jim. I'm the newest newbie from the OC - probably seen you rollin' near the 55/405/73 golden triangle. Happy to hear the dealer in Long Beach has a good rep in Fountain Valley. My '07 just turned over 5,000 miles and has logged zerotime ina service bay since its first oil change in July. Do I understand that your experience with the dealers in Costa Mesa, Irvineand Santa Ana is less than satisfactory?

Old 11-14-2007, 12:12 AM

Azera007 - From what I read Costa Mesa Hyundai is a dive... And not sure about one in Santa Ana... sorry took so long to get back...

I will update everyone with new photos of our dash NOW! I really been procrastinating to see what the effects would be. Seemed like the cracking stopped until looked closer a week ago, now it's on the way to making an entire "outline" of the airbag door... This will be taken care of soon, since we have a new sound from the engine I reallllllly want to be looked at. Sounds like the water pump bearing is going bad... NOT COOL!

Take Care everyone,

Old 12-07-2007, 07:29 PM

Not that I wish this problem on anyone else, but I'm glad to find others who share this disheartening problem with their Azera. I had not had my 2006 for more than 6 months when I noticed a 2 inch, curvedcrack in my dashboard around the airbag. My Hyundai dealer was perplexed, but immediately orded a new dashboard under warranty. It took a couple of weeks to get it in, but only one day to replace. As others stated, I wouldnt rush this job as they have to disconnect and reconnect alot of electrical to replace dashboard. I was very pleased with the service my dealer provided.

Now the fun part....another 8 months and...you guessed it...my dashboard is cracking again. Same as last time, I noticed a small crack that continued to grow...and now the same is happening on the other side...soon it will be around the entire airbag. The dealership is waiting to hear a resolution from the warranty rep, but that was 2 oil changes ago!

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:55 PM

I have one question:

What color are the bad dashes.

In other words, are the bad dashesall colors or simply some of the availablecolors.

My '07uses a light colored dash material.

I'm thinking that the dashes may be splitting on the darker colored dashes only?

Sorry to hear about this problem.

I'm in So Cal also!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Derrel H Green

I have one question:

What color are the bad dashes.

In other words, are the bad dashesall colors or simply some of the availablecolors.

My '07uses a light colored dash material.

I'm thinking that the dashes may be splitting on the darker colored dashes only?

Sorry to hear about this problem.

I'm in So Cal also!

Very good question Derrel... Have no clue.

* But they just replaced my wifes dash pad which is the dark one. Everything seems good...

The other thing that was wrong was the rear brakes needed to be "adjusted" and cleaned since it was making a horrific sound from the drivers rear. I knew what it was and they seemed to fix it. So kudos to them... But man I don't want to post anymore cracking dash photos up.............!! [:@] So mine better not crack...

We need to do a poll and see what colors people have crack the most!

Laters

Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM

Forgot to add there is one problem... Upon installing the dash they now seemingly got the ESC OFF light to stay on. But it does turn off when in [P] and the button is pressed. Then turns right back on when I start to move at all.
-- Anyone got any ideas on this or am I in for a friggin' trip to the dreaded Dealership?

Take care everyone!

Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM

Spoolen,
Your engine noise is probably a noisey idler pulley. Should be an easy fix for a dealer. The ESC OFF light concern may be a bad circuit in the brake lamp switch which would also be an easy fix. Double check that your brake lights are functioning correctly just to be on the safe side.

As far as Azera dashes go, I've seen 2 so far in 10 months so its not a very common problem. Haven't seen a TSB released for the issue so the only cure is to just replace them as they come.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:15 PM

Our dash is looking good since being replaced almost a year ago now. No lights are on... Turning the ESC light on was a faulty switch, so they said but its been fine ever since...

Again hope all is well with you folks in AZERA land... I went to the Hyundai facility in Fountain Valley over 1.5 months ago since I saw some Genesis outside (13 of em). Man I still like the look of our AZERA compared to it. Just my $.02

Last edited by NovaResource; 07-20-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dashboard Cracked~