Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Dealer programmable options

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Default Dealer programmable options

Where can I find out what the dealer programmable options are, without haveing to ask a dealer who probable doesn't know anyways...

Old 09-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Default RE: Dealer programmable options

You have to go to the dealer and tell them to hook your car to the Hi-Scan Pro Tool.

I just had the following options turned on:

Doors lock when shifter is in drive.
Driver only door unlocks when car is turned off and key is removed from the ignition.
Driver seat moves farthest back when car is turned off and key is removed from the ignition.

There are many configurations to the above as well as others not mentioned. Apparently Hyundai is just realizing the dealers are not promoting these great features.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:43 PM

I asked my dealer about programming the doors to lock in drive. They want $54 to hook up the scanner. I guess I will just have to remember to press the lock button myself.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:29 PM

I had my lock set for 15 mph to lock, and unlock when placed back in park... the dealer shouldn't charge you.. particularly if its in for other service like oil change.... mine did it for free.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:04 PM

I was in for my first oil change. Next time I am going to talk to my salesperson about it. The Hyundai service website "http://www.hmaservice.com" describes the procedure and a note mentions that it is NOT a warranty item. I guess it is up to the dealer. I did not press it because it is not a big deal to lock it yourself.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:01 PM

wsteinhauer, you're right it's not a warranty issue. That's because it's a pre-delivery issue and the dealer should have asked you what features you want on or off when you received the car.

Go to someone on the sales side.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:55 PM

I appears to me that most of the dealers don't even know the options are there. There seems to be little or no documentation what what optiona are available. Every dealer should learn what options can be set and asked the customer how they would like them before the car is delivered.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:24 PM

If the programming features on the car are part of the predelivery items then programming should be free anytime. The dealer was paid for the service in the delivery payment. by Hyundai and unless it isn't your selling dealer you shouldn't owe them for the programming.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:36 PM
hal

My dealer did mine yesterday for free as soon as I pulled in. He was kinda excited to do it. (I don't think anyone had ever asked him to) He didn't know what options there were either till we hooked it up. I think there were only 4.
He also had to reprogram my remote door lock thingies. It wouldn't work till he took a panel off just inside the driver door on the side of the dash and pressed a reset button. We had our fingers crossed, but the only things it reset were the remotes and clock.
I agree with mahout on the free service...see the sales manager and let him know you weren't told about them.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 AM

Consider yourselves lucky. I had a Saab 9-3 and every setting had to be altered by Dealer (Tech2 Com Device). People hated it. And at $120 per hour for labor it was really expensive to have my DRL turned off.

Quick Reply: Dealer programmable options