Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Westend Hyundai BAD DEALER for my Elantra

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Default Westend Hyundai BAD DEALER for my Elantra

I want to share my experience with any other fellow Toronto Hyundai owners.

Maybe the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever had ...

WESTEND Hyundai located at 3526 Lakeshore Bld west Toronto Ontario. - has terrible attitude and customer service... USE CAUTION ! --- STAY AWAY !

if you need details happy to share... below is a synopsis of my recent dealings while trying to get my Elantra seen to .....

--------situation below------------
A recent experience at a local Hyundai dealer was absolutely infuriating. Happy to share details just contact me... but in summary, the dealership service manager is a real piece of work. Goes by the name of Albert, I recently brought in a Hyundai Elentra for their dealership to do work on it UNDER WARRANTY - and when i came to pick up the car the air conditioner was not operating - and it had been the day before when i dropped it off... I went back into talk to him to bring it to his attention and he literally shrugged his shoulders at me and said "what do you want me to do about it" --- thinking the car has warranty i was sort of expecting him to say " No problem sir we'll look into it" but instead he became the most unreasonable man to talk to and deal with- suggesting that i knew it was broken and I am just trying to blame him for it .. I stated why would I do that when i could just ask you to repair it under warranty .. I have no reason to lie...

Long story short --- he was a complete JERK and said that its not his problem ... he further went to explain that when i asked him to "please don't just shrug your shoulders at me" and lets seek a reasonable solution, he stated he can do what ever he wants and and said I am no one to be telling him not to shrug his shoulders... -- HOW RUDE is that for a service manager... ????

He stated I should have given him a vehicle that was signed off --- i mentioned how crazy that was what was I suppose to do get his dealership to verify and sign of that every single item was working via check list - right down to the clock adjustments? and the vents being able to move? and he said yes... come on give me a break I am not going to drop my car off at a certified Hyundai dealer and take them through every single feature so they can claim that noting else was broken while it was at their shop.

When i said all I wanted was him to offer suggestions or suggest that his dealership would at least look at it ... he got very irritable and said FINE i'll look at it .. and when i asked can you put a note on my file mentioning such he lost his mind and would not put it in it in writing that he'd even look at it ...

BOTTOM LINE --- very very difficult unreasonable man - he moves at the speed of molasses in the winter time... hes not customer focused at all .. and quite frankley he's the most arrogant pompous ignorant person I've ever met.

I will be writing a formal letter to Hyundai Canada and I suggest --- you avoid that dealership... at all cost .... that is no way to treat a customer.