Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

07 Elantra CD Player Problem

Old 09-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Default 07 Elantra CD Player Problem

My CD player stopped reading CDs, when I put one in it says "Error". This happens with every disc I have tried. It happened before, and then started working again shortly after but this time it has gone on for weeks. Anyone know how to fix it?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Default RE: 07 Elantra CD Player Problem

Sorry, typo. It's an 08.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 PM

Disconnect the ground cable on the battery and leave it that way for a couple of minutes. The head unit will power cycle when you reconnect the cable, spitting out any CDs inside. Warranty coverage is 3 years/36 months on te audio units in new cars. If it happens again, take it back to the dealer for replacement.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:05 PM

the player is no good.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:53 PM

The CD Player is no good and the dealerships know it. They will not replace the Players with new ones. I was told by the Roseville, CA dealership that the only thing they will do for my 2008 Elantra is install a "Reconditioned" Player as Hyundai will not allow them to buy "New" replacements!! So in short, they will not stand behind this brand new car just purchased in June. They claim it is only "burned" CDs that cause the problems. I sure don't want someone else's problem installed in my new car!! So much for the great Hyundai Warranty!!

Old 09-30-2008, 11:37 PM

I was told by the Roseville, CA dealership that the only thing they will do for my 2008 Elantra is install a "Reconditioned" Player as Hyundai will not allow them to buy "New" replacements!!
Hyundai does not require warranty service be done by the dealership that originally sold the car. If the Roseville dealership is unresponsive, take the car to another dealership. Central valley California should have a gob of Hyundai dealerships. I would also contact Hyundai Motors of America and ask exactly what the audio equipment replacement policy is. The number is listed in your owners manual. I think other forum members have indicated the Roseville dealership is especially difficult to work with regarding warranty claims.

They claim it is only "burned" CDs that cause the problems.
Two CD players were offered on the 2008 Elantra. Only the top end M465 player is capable of reading MP3/WMA files. The M445 will only read CD-DA disks (exact digital audio copies of the original CD), and the Hyundai documentation sort of discourages their use (citing issues with finalizing disks properly by the burning software). The decks will not read copy protected CDs that do not meet the Red Book international audio CD standards. It may be the deck you have is not compatable with the disks you are burning. This is discussed in Section 4 of the owners manual. Of course, if the deck is not reading original audio CDs, then the deck is likely bad.