Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2001 Hyundai Elantra Keyless Entry -need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Default 2001 Hyundai Elantra Keyless Entry -need help

I recently purchased a used 2001 Hyundai Elantra and I'm trying to program a keyless entry fob to it. From my research online I had to remove the dash board and locate the ETACS module so I can have the access to the set off switch on the ETACS. Now, I located the ETACS but it didn't have the switch and I'm guessing the car originally didn't have the keyless entry stuff installed. I read on the forums of other people talking about center lock - if both front door locks can lock all the doors you can program keyless entry but if only the left front door locks all the doors then there's a chance that you can't program keyless entry. The second is my case. Only the front left door locks all the doors.
Anyways, all of these things said, I wonder if I bought the ETACS module with the antenna and the switch and replaced the current one, can I program the keyless? or more components have to be replaced or installed for it to work?
or even, after reading what I've done, there is another way?
I'm not trying to go to the dealer because I don't want to spend all that money for it so please, no answers like go to a dealer. Thank you.