Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2006 Elantra GT Hatchback Anti-theft issue

Old 09-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Default 2006 Elantra GT Hatchback Anti-theft issue

Hello,

I have a question about the 06 Elantra GT Hatchback's anti-theft system. Given that when the anti-theft is on, the ignition and the gas pedal will be disabled. Here comes an issue, what if the keyless remote suddenly ran out of battery, and you can't replace the battery right there and then, how do you get in the car, shut the alarm, and start the car? I have been looking at the manual and I couldn't find anything about it. Can anybody enlighten me on how to disable the anti-theft system temporarily once in the car?

Thanks.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Have you checked to see if you key turns off the alarm? It does on my 2006 Tucson. If you doesn't, you can usually open the door, put the key in the ignition and turn the car to on, but do not start it. Wait about a minute and the alarm will go off and you should be able to start the car.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by leeward
Hello,

I have a question about the 06 Elantra GT Hatchback's anti-theft system. Given that when the anti-theft is on,
If you to the control module via the remote

Here comes an issue, what if the keyless remote suddenly ran out of battery, and you can't replace the battery right there and then,
You should be noticing issues with remote beforehand, and have already replaced battery as precaution...

how do you get in the car,
Like anybody else and use the key... you know you should use key once in a while just to keep cylinder from seizing from lack of use...

shut the alarm, and start the car?
HEHEHE.... get in and put key in ignition and turn it to "RUN"... and wait for the alarm to quit... don't worry, alarms are so common place, nobody pay any attention to them anymore... after alarm quit, wait for it to cycle again... this cycle will be a complete cycle, the first cycle was interupted (door open, you putting key in and turn to "RUN")... after that, turn ket to "START" and it should crank and fire.

I have been looking at the manual and I couldn't find anything about it. It's a trade secret

Can anybody enlighten me on how to disable the anti-theft system temporarily once in the car?
See above instructions
I had to go bail a cute girl with a Tiburon once... It was on my way home, she called shop, told her I leave in bit, and I'd stop and start the car for her...