Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2008 Power Steering Fluid

Old 12-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Default 2008 Power Steering Fluid

Hello,

I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra:

I was at the gas station and just filled up my car. I then turned it on and drove about 10' and the EPS light came on. I then stopped and turned off the car and then turned it back on. Everything was fine after that. I then went home and searched around for the power steering reservoir but couldn't locate it. I want to check the level.

Does anyone know where it might be located?

Old 12-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Do you know what EPS stands for? It's Electric Power Steering. That means there is an electric motor that provides power to the steering. There is no "power steering reservoir" because there is no power steering fluid. It's electric, not hydraulic.

If the light came on it found a fault. It could just be a steering angle sensor or it could be a problem with the electric motor. If the light went out and hasn't come back on, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it comes on again I'd have the car looked at by a professional mechanic.

One other question, how old is the battery? If it's original then it's close to 7 years old. I'd suggest having it looked at. If it's almost dead it might cause the light to come on. Check the alternator too.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
Do you know what EPS stands for? It's Electric Power Steering. That means there is an electric motor that provides power to the steering. There is no "power steering reservoir" because there is no power steering fluid. It's electric, not hydraulic.

If the light came on it found a fault. It could just be a steering angle sensor or it could be a problem with the electric motor. If the light went out and hasn't come back on, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it comes on again I'd have the car looked at by a professional mechanic.

One other question, how old is the battery? If it's original then it's close to 7 years old. I'd suggest having it looked at. If it's almost dead it might cause the light to come on. Check the alternator too.
Ok thanks for the response.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by SportsDude
Hello,

I was at the gas station and just filled up my car. I then turned it on and drove about 10' and the EPS light came on. I then stopped and turned off the car and then turned it back on. Everything was fine after that. I then went home and searched around for the power steering reservoir but couldn't locate it. I want to check the level.

please help me

Old 06-14-2019, 01:02 PM
Default It’s electric it don’t have a resiorvois 2008

Hello,

It’s electric it don’t have one it’s run by power shut off car and restart it if it comes back on have your electric motor check

Old 06-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Hi Jeff,
What did you need help with, you did not state?

If your question is the same as the previous post , the answer is there.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:06 PM
Default Yes I just put the answer there

Originally Posted by hanky
Hi Jeff,
What did you need help with, you did not state?

If your question is the same as the previous post , the answer is there.
My wife just got problems with her steering but I got the answer for her

Old 05-11-2022, 01:07 PM

Hello,

okay I just called about that its the power steering column eps ( Electronic power steering) uses a hydralic pump this is for some 2008 hyundai elantras but the problem varies