Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Elantra (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-17/)
-   -   2009 Elantra Stereo Volume (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-17/2009-elantra-stereo-volume-7670/)

recon9 12-14-2009 01:57 PM

2009 Elantra Stereo Volume

This is my gf's car and the only complaint she has about it is when the car is turned off the stereo returns to a low volume level. Is there anyway for it to be set to remember the volume level you left the stereo at so that you don't need to adjust it up every time you start the car? I've checked the manual and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

dzus 12-18-2009 12:03 PM

There is no radio volume memory reset/adjustment.

rscottdes 01-26-2010 11:25 PM

Volume elantrA stereo reset

There actually is a way to reset it when I get the info I will post it

recon9 01-27-2010 08:42 AM

That would be great, thanks!

R34 Avante XD 01-27-2010 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by recon9 (Post 25748)
This is my gf's car and the only complaint she has about it is when the car is turned off the stereo returns to a low volume level. Is there anyway for it to be set to remember the volume level you left the stereo at so that you don't need to adjust it up every time you start the car? I've checked the manual and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

My 2009 Elantra Sport never did this until last week and I have had it almost 6 months now. I had NEVER used the CD player until last week as I always used my Blackberry in the AUX plug option or the radio, my son put in a CD and the next time I started the car it now resets the volume every time. Not a bad thing but seems odd it would start now, lol

Mark,

rscottdes 02-02-2010 03:13 PM

Adjusting ignition on volume

Originally Posted by rscottdes (Post 26339)
There actually is a way to reset it when I get the info I will post it

Hi this should fix the problem try adjusting to the volume you would like go have during startup ie:12 then push and hold the volume dial( round dial on the stereo itself) till it starts flashing the volume you would like. Remove your finger and it will be set try restarting car pretty sure that will fix it let me know otherwise

R34 Avante XD 02-27-2010 07:03 PM

Just thought I would make that a little clearer for some of us rednecks, lmao

Turn volume knob so it shows the level on the display,

push and hold the volume knob until it beeps and the volume numbers on display start to flash,

rotate knob to the level you want and press knob again once and it is set.

Thanks "rscottdes" for the information, works great, and now that I know that I realized it beeped when I was messing with it one day and ever since it reset to zero so I had changed it by mistake, lol

Mark,

RHINO7 05-05-2016 10:34 PM

hey all,
im having trouble with my 09 elantra cd player/stereo. it just shuts off , all the lights and clock on the dash stay on but the stereo is not usable. any ideas?
it will be playing and driving and just turns off, at any volume , on any setting, stereo, cdplayer, aux.