Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

New hexagonal grille for 2018? Are 'packages' installed at dealership or factory?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Default New hexagonal grille for 2018? Are 'packages' installed at dealership or factory?

Greetings! I babied a 2003 Hyundai Sonata, which looked brand new until the day she died, when a man who claimed to have fallen asleep at the wheel, totaled my car, which was parked on the street.

I fell in love with the look of the 2017 Elantra (White, Limited) over the past two weeks, but learned I won't be able to finance until the last week of September (don't ask, personal finances thing). Now I'm reading the 2018 is receiving a "face lift" year treatment, with "hexagonal grille". Does anyone know if this is for all models? No offense meant to owners of hexagonal grilles, but for me personally, this is actually quite a large downgrade in the overall "classy" appearance. Call me crazy, but if true, I might research the Ioniq or another brand some more, which is where I started, and ultimately completely settled into the Elantra. Hmph.

Last question if anyone reading this post knows -- do the "tech" and "ultimate" packages get installed at the dealership or factory? The reason I ask, is that it's already been impossible to find the 2017 Elantra Limited in Pearl White -- does this even further refine my search results, or are these packages added at the dealership?

Many thanks!

Eric