Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Elantra (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-17/)
-   -   My check engine light P0456 (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-17/my-check-engine-light-p0456-4747/)

yankee1980 09-09-2008 12:08 AM

My check engine light P0456

Ok so i have gone through the p0456 threads and needs some specifics. Long story short, don't think its my gas cap, need to know how I check my canister close valve to see if thats the problem. I have an 02 Elantra Gt. Where is it and what do I need to do?? Thanks!!!!

a11855 07-30-2017 09:00 AM

2004 Sonata 2.4L where is the purge valve

Dear Forum members,

I received a P0456 code. Changed the gas cap and turned the code off. 50 miles later the code came back on. I'm trying to locate the purge valve to inspect. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

avisitor 07-30-2017 02:17 PM

Sonata .. not sure ... on my Elantra ...
The purge line comes from under the left side and goes to the purge valve
Located between the fire wall and the engine ... near a hose going to the throttle

It is a normally closed valved.
When activated, the valve opens and allows the charcoal canister to purge its load of hydrocarbons.

This is not advice ... only trying to answer your question.
Good luck

a11855 07-31-2017 09:41 PM

Thanks for your advice....

Warrenboy508 01-09-2023 02:15 PM

Help

I have a 2011 sonota limited for the past year and a half I Ben trying to fix this p0456 evap code I replaced everything I did the vent valve the purge valve the gas cap the fuel pump and lock ring the fuel tank pressure sensor and the charcoal vapor canister and I’m still geting this dam evap leak code it’s driving me crazy everytime I get my car back as fixed it never is it was smoke tested 3 different times by 2 different people one was my father no one can find a evap leak anywhere with soap and water no smoke comeing out anywhere I’m stuck why am I still getting this code I replaced the whole fuel system basically and yea I used all oem Hyundai dealer parts all oem Ann lines and hoses look good car runs and drives fine I just can’t seem to get this light to stay off it’s the same code everytime going on 2 years now I have inspection comeing up am I missing something here cause no mechanic can help me anywhere I bring it they can’t find a evap leak anywhere even the Hyundai dealer couldn’t find the problem I’m stuck help anyone am I missing something here

hanky 01-09-2023 06:59 PM

Looks like you are chasing a tech's worst nightmare, AN INTERMITTENT .

What may help is if you clear the code and try to pay close attention of the conditions when the light comes on or the code appears.

Sometimes a scan tool with Freeze Frame capability will tell you what the conditions were at the time the code appeared. That way you can repeat the conditions and be assured the problem was corrected.