Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

My Elantra Radiator Is Bad. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Default My Elantra Radiator Is Bad. Please Help

Hello everyone.

First of all, I hope I've posted this in the correct section. Forgive me If I haven't. I'm ok with it being moved to its correct forum section if need be.

Anyways, I own a 02 Hyundai Elantra. This car has been great to me since I purchased it used from a buddy just over a year ago. It's fulfilled its job quite well, while sparing me any headache. However, just yesterday my car overheated on me. When I got home I inspected its radiator and found that this part was to blame. It showed signs of leakage and a majority of the fins were severely bent. I know that replacement is my only option at this point, but before I do so, I'd like some advice. I've decided to purchase an aftermarket version online, but don't know which companies are reputable. I've found two that I particularly like but before I buy from one of them, I'd like some sort of verification that they are a legitimate business. I almost never buy anything online so I don't know how to spot a scam, and I can't afford to be scammed.

Has anyone dealt with either of the following companies and can verify that they are a legitimate company? The parts on each site match the OEM number of the part I need.. Thanks in advance.

2001 - 2006 Hyundai Elantra Radiator 2002 2003 2004 2005
or
Hyundai Radiator, Hyundai Elantra Radiator - RadiatorSpot

Old 11-10-2011, 10:14 PM

Not sure about the ones you listed but I purchase many parts from RockAuto.com
usually have what i need for reasonable price, and shipping is quick and reliable!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:30 PM

How do on-line vendors like Rock Auto handle core charges? You might be better off finding a good local radiator shop if you have to pay shipping, handling, etc to return the core. I would at least find out how much a new radiator would cost locally minus the core charge.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:12 AM

No core charge for the radiator.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:21 AM

+1 rock auto is the way to go. They usualy only deal with reputable parts manufacturers. There is no core for them afaik. As advised before you can also take it to a rad shop however you might pay them $50.00 to try and fix it and determine that it won't work, then end up shelling $80+ for a new one anyway. The best bet would be to buy a good one from rock auto.