Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2005 Elantra GT keeps setting off the alarm in the middle of the night

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 02:48 PM
Default 2005 Elantra GT keeps setting off the alarm in the middle of the night

2005 Elantra GT. I recently got this car from a friend and I’m pulling my hair out.

for some reason, the alarm keeps going off in the middle of the night for no reason, sometimes 6 times in a row. What can I do to fix this?

Old 01-20-2022, 03:59 PM

Of course you know my first question is are you sure no one is attempting anything with your vehicle?

Do you know if it is an aftermarket system or did the vehicle come with this system from the factory?

Where are you parking the vehicle?

Old 01-20-2022, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Of course you know my first question is are you sure no one is attempting anything with your vehicle?

Do you know if it is an aftermarket system or did the vehicle come with this system from the factory?

Where are you parking the vehicle?
yes no one is attempting anything.

it’s a system from the factory.

it’s parked on a hill in front of my house where I can see it at all times on the camera

Old 01-20-2022, 04:14 PM

Is there a specific time this takes place after parking your vehicle?

Is there a big temperature variation from the time you park it and the time it goes off?

Does it happen if you park the vehicle anyplace else?

There are various sensors that may be affected by surroundings . Trying to cover as many bases before jumping to conclusions.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Is there a specific time this takes place after parking your vehicle?

Is there a big temperature variation from the time you park it and the time it goes off?

Does it happen if you park the vehicle anyplace else?

There are various sensors that may be affected by surroundings . Trying to cover as many bases before jumping to conclusions.
it happens between 1 AM to 4 AM.

I don’t know if it happens anywhere else, I’ve gotten no complaints about it going off at work.

yes actually, I live in NY so by the time the car cools down (the temps are very low at night) it could be the reason.

Old 01-21-2022, 07:39 AM

There is a switch to detect hood movement what alarm is active,. If the adjustment is borderline the gap could be increasing due to contracting parts and sending the signal that the hood is being opened, don't know for sure , but worth looking into.