Rustling/Rattling noise below the odometer - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Rustling/Rattling noise below the odometer

Hi everybody,

My 2005 Elantra makes another weird noise:

It sounds like a rustling christmas tree decoration or the noise when you crunch aluminium foil. The noise comes from below the odometer. When I push on the plastic cover it stops. When I let go it comes again.

Usually I hear the noise when it's cold outside and the car was standing a few hours (or during the night). It lasts about half an hour and softens when the interior is getting warmer.

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone have suggestions what it might be? It's freaking me out. I'm going to call the Hyundai dealer, but it would be good to be able to describe it as precise as possible.

Thanks!!!!

LeChuck
Old 12-22-2006, 10:21 AM

Default RE: Rustling/Rattling noise below the odometer

Hey, My 03 elantra snaps,crackls and pops at the both front doors and the dash in a few places until it warms up also. I just got used to it. I drive 150 miles a day, not the proper fix, but I just crank up the tunes.