Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

shifting problem

Old 12-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Default shifting problem

So my 00 elantra is having a shifting problem. Every time i start and drive my car, while im driving it seems as though the car shifts in neutral instead of shifting gears (rpms go up but i dont go anywhere). Most times i have to shut the car off and turn it back on and it'll work for a little longer. I do have six CEL codes on my car.

p0708: Transaxle range switch
p0442: emission leak
p0734: fourth gear incorrect ratio
p0733: third gear incorrect ratio
p0722: tranny pulse generator B
p0422: oxygen sensor

I am assuming its a faulty switch somewhere since if i turn the car off and on it "resets". I also took off the tranny pan, and although there was metal on the magnets, it wasn't anything crazy. Also reverse works fine

Something else is that today while the car was not running but i had the keys in the ignition (so the accessories were turned on) i put my foot on the brake and put the car from park to reverse to neutral to drive to second to first. While in drive, first or second i could hear a noise from under the hood. Went to go check it out and it appears to be coming from the switch that connects to the cable that runs to the shifter. I think thats a nuetral safety switch so maybe thats it? Ive also heard it could be speed sensors? Please any help before the holidays would be appreciated!