Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Alignment check for 2010 Elantra Touring - pulls to the right

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:43 AM

This was the response from Hyundai:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Brian advises us that the only drift witnessed in the vehicle was under acceleration, thing being a normal condition for a front wheel drive vehicle. The dealership assures us that the vehicle operates as intended. Furthermore, our technical department advises that any discrepancy in the functionality of the Electric Power Steering (EPS) system would generate a trouble code.

Hmm The Ford Focus front wheel drive I just traded in didn't do this on the same road. I also recently rented a 2010 Dodge Avenger and drove it 1,000 miles it had EPS and it didn't do this. I sent in a note asking for my money back. Which I know won't happen. This is our next step if you live in Canada

http://www.omvic.on.ca/services/cons...laint_info.htm

Taking it to my regular mechanic at Goodyear. I have tried to find an email for the mother company in Korea.. So I can send a complaint to the Office of the President. They get better response. Does anyone have an email ?

Old 07-01-2010, 08:35 AM

WHAT??? Theyre claiming its "normal" for this to occur? Wow. On my vehicle, the driver inputs to acceleration dont seem to have too much affect, as it still pulls right regardless. Im in the states, so I dont have a clue as to how consumer friendly arbitration laws are in Canada. Sounds too typical, Im pretty much expecting the same thing soon. Thanks. Did you emphasize the safety factor under adverse conditions? I have another FWD vehicle(Chevy Aveo) that doesnt do this.

Last edited by blh7068; 07-01-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 AM
tub

hi after your car alignement do you know if your thec have reset computer?

because we have a sensor on the stering wheel and this sensor need to be reset after alignement this sensor send messege to power stering when you turn stering wheel to make work power stering motor but if you make aligment on your car sensor can be a little bit off and sensor always try to reach center point and that can make your car pull right or left

Old 07-02-2010, 07:51 AM

Ok figured out the pulling to the right is mostly around 60 - 80 kmh (about 40 mph) . Once above that it is perfect. I saw one review that said the steering is like tons of thick rubber bands snapping the wheel back..

Think of it as the old fashioned manual steering.. Maybe I need to install a steering wheel ball like my grandfather had on his tractor.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:12 PM

I found a solution. It drives like a Tractor so a John Deere Steering Wheel ****

Attached Thumbnails Alignment check for 2010 Elantra Touring - pulls to the right-2010-hyundai-elantra-touring-4-door-wagon-man-se-steering-wheel_100237820_l.jpg  
Old 07-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Yep they reset the sensor.. The technician was great he spent most of the day trying diferent things and we test drove it and 2 other cars.. same results. It is a bad design not a faulty piece. It works fine when it shifts at 100 kms/h etc.

Found this review
http://www.autonet.ca/autos/search/t...6-autonet.html
2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring

Handling is good and the ride is decent for a small car, though the steering takes some getting used to - you need to give it a little more force than expected and the wheel snaps back quickly, like it’s hooked up to some heavy duty rubber bands.

Weak Points

• - Dad dislikes the rubber band steering response

Old 07-03-2010, 08:05 AM

Check out this video.. Same steering in the Elantra

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...e-scares-owner

Old 07-03-2010, 10:40 PM
tub

that smell recall

Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM

I am trading in my brand new 2010 Elantra touring which has the same steering issues. Back to a Ford. It is going to cost me $9,000 but don't care I can't keep driving this my arms are killing me fighting the steering

Old 07-07-2010, 04:31 PM

swoop-

Did you say your car didnt pull above 40 mph? My car pulls at all speeds- foot on or off the pedal. They look at it again tomorrow when the distirct rep is in town. *fingers crossed*

Wow, Id fight them on this if you can...the letter saying this is normal is complete BS.
Sorry to hear of such a big hit youll have to take to get a car that tracks straight.

Quick Reply: Alignment check for 2010 Elantra Touring - pulls to the right