Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/)
-   -   A couple of issues (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/couple-issues-9663/)

LenG58 11-30-2010 10:36 AM

A couple of issues

Hello All,

Took delivery of a 2011 ET GLS in mid October for my wife. We really love the car! We do have 2 issues though:

1st: We have what sounds like a marble rolling back and forth on the passenger side. Sometimes it sounds like it's in the bottom of the front door and other times it sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the rear door. I'm guessing that it's under the doors (in the chassis?) since it moves. Any one else experience this?

2nd: The plastic cup in the hatchback door (where your fingers go when closing it)
keeps coming out. I stopped by the dealer and they "crazy glued" it back in, but it came out again.

We'll be due for our 3000 mile oil change soon and hopefully the dealer will get these two issues fixed.

-Len

Sapient 11-30-2010 11:37 AM

Yeah, both of these issues seem like unique errors during assembly. The dealer should be able to fix both. I don't like the idea of using crazy glue to fix anything in your car, though.

zielritter 11-30-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by LenG58 (Post 33185)
Hello All,

Took delivery of a 2011 ET GLS in mid October for my wife. We really love the car! We do have 2 issues though:

1st: We have what sounds like a marble rolling back and forth on the passenger side. Sometimes it sounds like it's in the bottom of the front door and other times it sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the rear door. I'm guessing that it's under the doors (in the chassis?) since it moves. Any one else experience this?

2nd: The plastic cup in the hatchback door (where your fingers go when closing it)
keeps coming out. I stopped by the dealer and they "crazy glued" it back in, but it came out again.

We'll be due for our 3000 mile oil change soon and hopefully the dealer will get these two issues fixed.

-Len

LoL! Yep, I've also had the plastic handle on the inside of the hatch come out randomly when I open the hatch. I've always thought it was weird because it doesn't seem loose when I fiddle with it, yet it will pop out without warning when I pull the hatch open.

One more time and I'll probably glue it myself.

Jetguy35 11-30-2010 07:31 PM

Same issues here as well.

LenG58 12-01-2010 07:11 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'm guessing the handle must work its way out due to vibration. Jetguy, you have the same noise issue too?

LenG58 12-09-2010 07:38 AM

Just a quick follow up. Had the car at the dealer yesterday for the first oil change. They found a 10mm bolt at the bottom of right side pillar between the front and back doors. One of the service guys said the robot must have dropped it during assembly. He got a few laughs from his colleagues with that line.

As far as the handle popping out they say it's a defective panel on the hatchback door and have ordered a new one to be installed. All in all very happy with the service team!

chuckchef 12-09-2010 06:02 PM

heh, my inside hatch holder fell out yesterday too

Rontier 12-16-2010 03:19 PM

We got our ET 2010 just this fall ,& have a bad smale commine out at first then goes away? I took the filter out & cleaned it but it was not dirty! had a leaf in it!.
just a update no handles or loose bolt Yet!

chriskwarren 12-16-2010 04:06 PM

I mentioned this in the rattles thread, but the handle fell out of my hatch too. No luck fixing it yet from the dealer.

I'll print off this thread and bring it in if your fix is successful.

Jetguy35 12-17-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by LenG58 (Post 33198)
Thanks for the replies. I'm guessing the handle must work its way out due to vibration. Jetguy, you have the same noise issue too?

I do not get the marble sounding noise but I do get rattle type sounds. Sound like they are coming from the front end.