Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/)
-   -   Creaking sound from the back of the Car ? (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/creaking-sound-back-car-10349/)

2010ET 02-15-2011 05:44 PM

Creaking sound from the back of the Car ?

I have a creaking noise in the back, I have taken the car in the dealer 3 times now and they can not fix it.
1) replace the struts
2) said the back seat was making the sound so they put some padding on something.
3) nothing replaced, but notice another car has the same creaking.

I only get it when the body and frame flex. Like going up a steep curb and wheels turning.
Hyundai has a tech coming out to look at it.
Can you let me know if you have the same problem ?
I have a 2010 ET SE with sunroof

ArchtopBill 02-15-2011 06:39 PM

Have the tech check the welds inside the cargo area. These are spot welds. On some production runs they tried to use less welds, hence the creaking noise.

chuckchef 02-15-2011 06:52 PM

same noise, along with hatch creak, already adjusted once,
As well, struts banging too. time for a service

chuckchef 02-15-2011 06:53 PM

oh yeah, headliner starting to creak, warranty gods... fix her up!!

Omnitech 02-16-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by ArchtopBill (Post 35551)
Have the tech check the welds inside the cargo area. These are spot welds. On some production runs they tried to use less welds, hence the creaking noise.

So how does this get fixed? Do they tac on more welds?

ArchtopBill 02-16-2011 08:08 PM

I was told they installed some "small clamps", but I have not had a chance to look. Whatever they did, it really worked.

I will try to investigate and give an update in a few days.

nimbus 02-17-2011 06:44 PM

Archtop, I'd also be interested in your repair experience update. My ET does the same thing--when it's cold. I never hear it when it's hot outside. It happens when I turn 90 degrees to go up my slightly inclined driveway.

Fastmover 02-24-2011 05:24 PM

Same creak on my ET turning into a sloped driveway.

ArchtopBill 02-24-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by nimbus (Post 35648)
Archtop, I'd also be interested in your repair experience update. My ET does the same thing--when it's cold. I never hear it when it's hot outside. It happens when I turn 90 degrees to go up my slightly inclined driveway.

Mine continues to make creaking noises when turning on a slope such as my driveway which is a 38% grade, but I really feel that this is normal.

The problem I had was creaking and groaning on flat roads and even on level parking lots. It took awhile, but they got it fixed.

blh7068 02-25-2011 01:16 AM

Mine creaks when turning on inclines...mainly right hand turns...also have the creaking/rattling from the back end. Unbelievably noticeable when going ~10 mph. Doesnt even have to be a bumpy surface.