Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/)
-   -   ET sightings (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/et-sightings-7210/)

ETinCA 09-25-2009 08:10 PM

ET sightings

Reading another thread made me think that it might be fun to start a thread for ET sightings. There are so few out there!

I saw my first ET (other than the one I own) in Salt Lake City, UT. It was red, didn't see close enough for more information than that. I've had my ET for about a month now and drove it all the way from Northern California to Colorado and back and only saw the one ET. How about you?

touringnm 09-27-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ETinCA (Post 24582)
Reading another thread made me think that it might be fun to start a thread for ET sightings. There are so few out there!

I saw my first ET (other than the one I own) in Salt Lake City, UT. It was red, didn't see close enough for more information than that. I've had my ET for about a month now and drove it all the way from Northern California to Colorado and back and only saw the one ET. How about you?

Bought ours 1st. week in June,09. We live in central new Mexico and drive to Albuquerque,NM(NM's largest city) quite often and south to Las Cruces,NM(2nd. largest) and Alamogordo,NM(not so large) and have yet to see another Touring.

kman 09-30-2009 05:10 PM

ET Sightings

I bought my Carbon Gray, 16" wheels, manual, mid July. I saw a silver 17" in San Francisco about a month later and another brand new silver 16" on I280, loaded dudes. I passed by him in a flash.

So that is two other sightings. It is rather funny that there are not more of them but I guess the ones that were bought are not driven along my commute...

Fastmover 10-05-2009 05:50 PM

Once when we went to Costco their were 3 Tourings including ours parked beside eachother! One was a Sport and the other was a GL. I have seen several in Ottawa, not on a daily basis though. We have had 3 people ask us about the Touring and how we like it.

VegasRay 01-01-2010 09:19 PM

Touring Sightings

I finally saw one more Touring here in Las Vegas. It was a silver gray ET. That's number three, counting my wife's Touring. Where are they hiding?

Ray

MontrealHyundaiTech 01-01-2010 10:17 PM

Here in Quebec there are quite a few. I see them daily !

chriskwarren 01-02-2010 05:17 PM

I have seen about a dozen of them in the Toronto area since we got ours a few months ago. I don't recall seeing them until I got mine...

keldrin 01-04-2010 09:14 AM

I have only seen a few. A blue one is owned by someone that works in the same parking lot as me. There is a red one that I pass after work quite often, and I have seen a few grey and silver ones but they could be the same ones several times. I have seen a few more on highways, maybe 10 in all that I have seen at the most in the 2 months I have owned the car. It is kind of nice have such a "rare" car. I originally wanted to buy a Kia Soul and now I see those things everywhere!

ETinCA 01-04-2010 03:51 PM

I'm the OP - I bought my car in August and I've still only seen one more - in Salt Lake City. I live in the Bay Area, Northern California. I don't really drive the car that much, but it's not like I'm a hermit! I guess there just aren't that many around.

ETinCA 01-11-2010 05:23 PM

Finally saw my 2nd ET "in the wild" - actually (San Francisco), it was parked in front of the restaurant we were eating in this weekend - I didn't even realize it was an ET until it backed up to drive off. :p It must have been a 2010 because it had the roof racks. Charcoal gray. Nice car. :)