Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/)
-   -   Just bought a 2010 elantra touring (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/just-bought-2010-elantra-touring-8459/)

Jetguy35 06-06-2010 08:04 PM

Just bought a 2010 elantra touring

First off, I love this car. All the features are great! I was wondering if anyone would recommend some alloy rims to swap for the stock steal ones mine came with. This is something I may want to do in the next six months to a year. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to install a pop up gps in the top of the dash where that storage compartment is? I thought that might be a cool mod to do down the road.

Thanks,

Ben

nimbus 06-06-2010 08:49 PM

Welcome, Jetguy. Great little cars, aren't they? :) Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I bet someone else can.

Caretaker 06-07-2010 04:01 AM

jetguy: instead of a GPS, how about rerouting the cooler from the glove box and turning the upper storage into a pop up cooler!! ;)

Balinus 06-07-2010 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Caretaker (Post 28722)
jetguy: instead of a GPS, how about rerouting the cooler from the glove box and turning the upper storage into a pop up cooler!! ;)

I wouldn't do that! My glasses casing just melted in this storage because of the direct sun.

Jetguy35 06-07-2010 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Balinus (Post 28728)
I wouldn't do that! My glasses casing just melted in this storage because of the direct sun.

My buddy has a BMW suv that has a pop up gps like I was thinking of. So they must have some way to reduce the heat.

novatour 06-07-2010 08:21 PM

Just got my Touring GLS a little over a month ago, am very pleased with it as well. I really like the Indigo Blue on the car, hopefully they will offer that choice in US for 2011.
In answer to your wheel swap question, I bought the optional 16" alloy wheels offered by Hyundai in Canada. They are manufactured by Fast Wheels. Sumo Firenza ST08 tires came with the wheels. I'm very happy with the wheels, less so with the tires, but overall am thrilled with my new purchase. I posted some pictures in the Photo Gallery to give you a better idea on the wheels.

Jetguy35 06-09-2010 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by novatour (Post 28736)
Just got my Touring GLS a little over a month ago, am very pleased with it as well. I really like the Indigo Blue on the car, hopefully they will offer that choice in US for 2011.
In answer to your wheel swap question, I bought the optional 16" alloy wheels offered by Hyundai in Canada. They are manufactured by Fast Wheels. Sumo Firenza ST08 tires came with the wheels. I'm very happy with the wheels, less so with the tires, but overall am thrilled with my new purchase. I posted some pictures in the Photo Gallery to give you a better idea on the wheels.

cool, i'll check it out