Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Rear wiper rip-off! Get a cheaper one on eBay...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Default Rear wiper rip-off! Get a cheaper one on eBay...

Dealer charged me $48 Cdn for a real wiper for the Touring (same blade fits the Tucson too). I bought it because I needed it. Nothing at Canadian Tire and a couple of aftermarket places would have fit when I brought the old blade in.

There is a guy (I think a dealer) from Korea selling them for ~$7 US shipped. he sells them through eBay. I bought three, and will sell one at my cost to a colleague at work. Same part number as the one the dealer sold me. Saw a thread elsewhere where folks had success from that seller.

Here is a link:
i30 07- TM 10 TUCSON 10- GENUINE REAR WIPER BLADE on eBay.ca (item 120704683277 end time 28-Apr-11 04:11:00 EDT)

I'll post again if I have any issues.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:53 AM

Thanks for that link, the replacement from the dealer is a rip-off. My solution was to take a cheap, short blade from Autozone and remove the actual blade from the frame, cut it down, and then replace the stock worn blade keeping the original stock frame. This will save me the effort in the future.

Oh yeah, Admin please don't delete this post like my last for some unknown reason.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:29 PM

Got the wipers in the mail and they are as advertised.

$7 each shipped a heck of a lot better than $50. No duties or any fees either.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 PM

I ordered one. They didn't give a break for 3. So, if it works I will get another.

Thanks for the link.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:37 PM

how often do you need to replace this wiper? i m in ontario too, if you are going to order a few next time, count me in.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by kenwood
how often do you need to replace this wiper? i m in ontario too, if you are going to order a few next time, count me in.
I would have joined in but I ordered 3, and sold one at cost ($7) to a colleague at work. I also just had the dealer sell me one before this order (needed it asap).

Will be a couple of years before I order again.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 PM

Sorry for bringing up an old post but I'm in the same dilemma. I like the idea of simply buying a 13" blade from a parts store and cutting it down to fit but I don't see how it comes out. Both ends are 'captured' by turn down plastic pieces of the arm.

Any tricks on getting the old blade out/new blade in without breaking the ends off the arm?

Thanks

Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by gjz30075
Sorry for bringing up an old post but I'm in the same dilemma. I like the idea of simply buying a 13" blade from a parts store and cutting it down to fit but I don't see how it comes out. Both ends are 'captured' by turn down plastic pieces of the arm.

Any tricks on getting the old blade out/new blade in without breaking the ends off the arm?

Thanks
Ha, no problem. This is apt timing on your part b/c I actually just changed my rear again last week. I just bought the cheapest, shortest Arco brand blade from Wal-Mart and used a flat head screwdriver to pry away the parts holding that blade in place to remove it.

There's really no "trick" to get the old one out of the Hyundai plastic frame, just slowly and carefully bending the rubber blade to work it out of place. Make sure when you put the new blade in that you keep the metal guide pieces in place as you install it. This was a pain and took 15-20 minutes of trial and error to get it in.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM

Hi, I noticed a couple of months after I bought my used 30K 2012 Elantra Touring that the rubber was tearing off the rear wiper blade. Thanks to info I found on this forum, I ordered 2 new rear wiper blades off of ebay (partskor is the store name) & they cost me about $10.50 each, shipping was free & they arrived in about 2 weeks. Definitely recommend them rather than paying dealer prices as these are the genuine Hyundai part. While I was waiting for the new ones to arrive, I did this quick fix which you could try - I glued the rubber back onto the blade with contact cement & it's still holding a month later after some pretty rainy weather. If it comes off again, I'll use one of my replacements. I don't know how often these need to be changed but considering the car is a year old & already needed one I'm prepared to replace it every couple of years at least.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

At the minimum, wiper blades should be replaced at least every year. Some experts say to replace them every 6 months. The sun, rain, snow, etc really deteriorate wiper blades quickly.
How often should I replace my wiper blades? — Yahoo! Autos

Last edited by NovaResource; 04-23-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper rip-off! Get a cheaper one on eBay...