Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2008-Present This rear wheel drive sports coupe offers a powerful V6, combining economy with performance.

'10 Genesis 2.0t coupe buying tips?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Default '10 Genesis 2.0t coupe buying tips?

This is my first post on here so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but due to traffic I figured it would be better to post here.

I'm looking at posibly buying a '10 Genesis Coupe with 57,xxx miles on the odometer. It's on Craigslist of all places and it's been posted two times so far, which brings me to my questions.

1. When looking over the car what should I be on the look out for? Any flaws and or defects that I might miss? In the pictures it's a very clean car and still looks brand new under the hood. It's the 2.0 turbo and I dont see a spec of dirt.

2. They said in the first ad that when they pushed the start button the car wouldn't do anything. Is the push button system a common issue?

3. In the second ad they state that the alternator is bad and thus the battery is running dead whill beng run, which to me would lead me to that being the answer for what's happening in question #2.

My only real concern is that the first ad was listed at $4k and the second ad has been dropped to $1500. My only guess is that they either have too many vehicles or they're military and are deploying soon. It's a Texas car so it's rust free and I'm located in NC. The car is only 60 miles from me so looking at it or getting it inspected at a dealer isn't a big deal. I'll be selling my 98 Impreza next month and if I can I might be able to get this car sooner than later.

Thanks for any help and sorry for the super long first post but I'd rather supply as much info as possible considering the type and price range this car goes for.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like it has electrical issues. It might be worth it if you are good hunting down electrical gremlins.
The push button start problem could be a number of things (battery in fob dead, fob not programmed correctly, bad starter, bad brake light switch, shifter not in park, etc)