Hyundai Getz Offering a sportier look than the Atos, the Getz preserves the economy of the sub compact market in both the 2 and 4 door models.

Clock, radio, and central locking have all stoped working!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 01:11 AM
Question Clock, radio, and central locking have all stoped working!

Hey everyone,

I just replaced the factory head unit in my Getz with something a bit more fancy. Installation seemed to go pretty smoothly until I actually tested it!

I plugged the battery back in and started it up, but I couldn't get the radio to turn on and I noticed the clock wasn't working either. Checked the fuse box and everything appeared to be ok so I'm pretty sure I didn't blow anything. I came inside to google around for a solution and found the central locking had also stopped working!

I've looked around a little already, but the only thing I've found is that I may have accidently pulled out a connector on the harness that goes to the ignition switch when i was pulling the old unit out. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get access to this wiring (or any other ideas on what it might be) before I admit defeat and take it to a dealer. Hopefully I didn't break it too bad.

Thanks

Old 03-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Default Clock, radio, central locking , and gas and temp gauges not working.

I just wanted to say thank you so much. I came to this wonderful sight and you helped me get these problems fixed with one fuse.. And my husband kept telling me the fuses were fine.. Ha!! Again thank you. And you will be my go to site in the future. 😘😍