Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Getz (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-getz-36/)
-   -   Low rpm misfire/lack of power (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-getz-36/low-rpm-misfire-lack-power-13330/)

GetzRule! 01-06-2013 12:38 AM

Low rpm misfire/lack of power

Hi everyone, I own a 2008 1.4 Getz auto 5 dr. with approx 80,000k's.
I took it to my local Hyundai dealer last week complaining of a fuel leak and misfire. They fixed my fuel leak, this was due to a cracked/split fuel filler tube and the rear! They looked at my misfire and told me that they had put some high octane fuel in the fuel tank and told me to run the engine only on 91 octane fuel or above. This was odd as I always use either 95 or 98 octane. They carried out the fuel leak under manufactures warranty but I had to pay for the fuel they used, this was acceptable so no worries there.
But the misfire is still present at low rpms but only sometimes! and more so when I set off from a standing start. The car also seems really sluggish nowadays and not what it was like when new. It seems to kick down gears more now than it used to. (I guess due to lack of power)
I have replaced the spark plugs with genuine NGK items, The air filter is also new. These have had no effect.
I took my car back to the dealer and they inform me that they are unable to fault the misfire or lack of power.
As I have owned this car from new, I know that something isn't right, but they assure me everything is!
The fuel filter was replaced at 40,000k's, I think I might change it again!
Any ideas anyone!!
Many thanks...

surfside 03-31-2016 10:07 PM

I joined up here with a similar problem but looks like you got no response from anyone, bummer!

dw86517@gmail.com 12-22-2020 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by GetzRule! (Post 45128)
Hi everyone, I own a 2008 1.4 Getz auto 5 dr. with approx 80,000k's.
I took it to my local Hyundai dealer last week complaining of a fuel leak and misfire. They fixed my fuel leak, this was due to a cracked/split fuel filler tube and the rear! They looked at my misfire and told me that they had put some high octane fuel in the fuel tank and told me to run the engine only on 91 octane fuel or above. This was odd as I always use either 95 or 98 octane. They carried out the fuel leak under manufactures warranty but I had to pay for the fuel they used, this was acceptable so no worries there.
But the misfire is still present at low rpms but only sometimes! and more so when I set off from a standing start. The car also seems really sluggish nowadays and not what it was like when new. It seems to kick down gears more now than it used to. (I guess due to lack of power)
I have replaced the spark plugs with genuine NGK items, The air filter is also new. These have had no effect.
I took my car back to the dealer and they inform me that they are unable to fault the misfire or lack of power.
As I have owned this car from new, I know that something isn't right, but they assure me everything is!
The fuel filter was replaced at 40,000k's, I think I might change it again!
Any ideas anyone!!
Many thanks...

Hi mate
have the same problem did you find out what was wrong ?

hanky 12-23-2020 03:06 PM

The last post was in 2016 and they may have sold the vehicle by this time.

A restricted fuel filter can produce this type problem. I always suggest replacing the fuel filter in the spring and fall . This usually prevents fuel starvation problems.from a possibly restricted filter.

Also you can see the value of getting back to the forum with the solution. Thanks.

dw86517@gmail.com 12-23-2020 04:31 PM

]
thanks I thought about that too. Will do that propably over the Christmas break