Hyundai Getz Offering a sportier look than the Atos, the Getz preserves the economy of the sub compact market in both the 2 and 4 door models.

Metallic ''ringing'' noise from front right wheel (with video)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Exclamation Metallic ''ringing'' noise from front right wheel (with video)

Hi!

I am a happy owner of a 1.1 litre 2003 Getz, but recently I unfortunately have been experiencing a fairly high-pitched ringing noise from the front right wheel when driving. The noise is metalic, and in absence of better ways to explain it, it sounds like some part is vibrating at a high rate because of the wheel rotating. First off, the noise only occured in speeds like 50-60 km/h when driving over uneven parts of the road, but recently it have worsened and become more frequent, even at lower speeds and without any significant bump triggering it.

The noise does however dissapear when I apply the brake, regardless of the level of which I apply it, nor the reduction of speed. Clutching, rpm of the engine, or as mentioned, the speed, doesn't seem to affect the noise in any way. As long as the brake is applied, even faintly, the noise stops, only to return again when the brake is released.

I've recorded a video when driving, in order for you the hear the sound. If you want to avoid loud wind noises, just skip right to 0:12. You can clearly hear the noise dissapear when I apply the brake at around 0:17-0:18.

Here is the link:

It's also worth mentioning that the weather here in Norway recently have been unusually cold, but I hardly think that's the whole reason for the noise?

What do you think this can be? I'm quite concerned. :/

Responses will be much appreciated!