Hyundai Getz Offering a sportier look than the Atos, the Getz preserves the economy of the sub compact market in both the 2 and 4 door models.

power window not coming up

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 10:12 PM
Default Hyundai Tuscon windows not working

If they stop working as mine did, try a few squirks of SCA electrical contact and parts cleaner around the master switch and also on the other individual door switches. Worked fine on three of my "non-working" windos.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by lovemusafir
THanka for your replies guys.. i really appreciate..

Well yes the driver side power window is fine. ANd yea i cant control the passenger side window at all. So it has gone permanently down and not coming up at all.

Can someone please guide me or post a diagram/images on how to remove the door panel... I tried removing the screws but could not figure out what to do...

Appreciate the help...

THanks
I’m having the same issue i need help because I’ve changed and checked everything possibly that i could

Old 02-24-2019, 08:54 AM

I just opened my drivers door all the way and it allowed me to have control of all windows from the drivers door. I have to believe its a short in the wiring that goes through the door jamb.
Hope this helps!

Old 06-22-2019, 10:03 PM

I had the same issue, rear drivers side door window would go down but not up from both local and main window controllers. I fixed this issue by taking the door panel off then taking the hand rail thing out of the door. From here you can get the window switch out, then continue to pull part the sections of the switch, being carful not to lose the white tabs from it. Once you get to the part that makes the connection (makes contact to create the circuit), clean both contacts top and bottom with a nail file, there should be a black dust build up from the electrical connection sparking. This will fix all you problems and put everything back the way it was. Hope that help someone. Thanks

Old 05-14-2020, 08:02 PM
Default sam ransley

i have a 2012 Hyundai i 30. the passenger windows goes down using the passenger side switch.but wont go back up. using the main switch the passenger switch will only gon down a few center meters. but it will wind up the passenger window. can someone help me solve the problem. sam

Old 08-22-2021, 07:30 AM

2007 Santa Fe - UK - Drivers side, rear window, would not respond. All the others OK.
Thanks to the guy who suggested a squirt of cleaning fluid - FIXED my issue.

All of a sudden (no hint of a problem before) rear window would not operate.
From drivers main control nothing, no up no down.
Rear door control - went down but then not Up.

Took panel off, unplugged, did not dis-assemble any more, just turned whole panel upside down,
Gave a really good spray of isopol?? alcohol - contact cleaning fluid - don't use wd or anything like it!
Could not really see the internal working but hoped would work its way down, left for a few minutes, operated the switch a lot, sprayed a bit more.
turn up right way, allowed to drain any excess & I guess evaporate for 30 seconds or so.

Plugged back in & it worked perfectly.

I was ready to do the same with main front control switch but was not necessary.

thanks again, I was surprised it worked so felt I would add my experience.

My old Santa Fe, never fails to amaze me, had from new 2007, 102k miles.
I think spent perhaps £500 in all those years on stuff that was not normal wear & tear, this time I thought, perhaps need to spend some more, but no, quick free fix.
That's why I have never considered changing. is the dog run around car, perhaps not too pretty now but wow is it reliable.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:28 PM

Does the window switch panel on the driver's door simply pry off? I need to do some troubleshooting and that's where I need to start.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:38 AM

I only did the rear door, think front quite similar
If you mean prize the switch out, No, you have to take the whole door panel off, which is easy & quite quick but take your time. I did find a few you tubes but not needed.

Screw behind small square flap behind door handle.

v. roughly 3 or 4 little round covers (with small hole to get spike into to pop out) & screws behind. back door has one each end of the black panel just below window.

Then I pulled bottom of door out, using a screwdriver to start, if you have a plastic lever much better, then the door pops out quite easily, fair few of those clips that just pull out but I had no problem. If resistance, check you have not missed a screw rather than breaking something.

Lift up to slide out away from window.

This is where I stopped, I did find a you tube & think you have to take out a lot of screws to separate the switch housing. funny clips that look like you could prize it out but they are stiff & think would break, hence the removal of the screws. I think easy enough.
I think then access to either side of the switch to press in the little black tabs but as I say I did not get to this.
As I say I did not need to do this.
I sprayed isopropyl alcohol, contact cleaner & operated the switch many times & repeated.
I could not really see the working of the switch but it obviously worked its way down and worked fine immediately after. How long this will last not sure, If the terminal has got the usual wear & marks from being a switch shorting I may need to get at & clean up with physical contact.

You could get a meter on the terminal while in the door panel and prob. diagnose.