H1 Oil leak - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai H-1 The H-1 offers unique styling on a mini-van sized frame, excellent for hauling both people and frieght.

H1 Oil leak

Old 02-13-2019, 12:30 AM
Question H1 Oil leak

I have a 2012 H1 Multicab 2.5 CRDi with 98000km on the clock. Full service history with Hyundai. Lately I noticed some oil spray/splatter in the front left hand side (passenger side) of the engine bay. It is like a fine spray and it spray's upwards toward the bonnet as there are spray on the inside of the bonnet as well. It is not a lot and it is not dripping. Little dots of oil on the battery on other parts. Main seal is fine, fan has no oil on tips, fanbelt dry. Tappet cover and gasket dry. I was thinking maybe a pinhole in the rubber inter cooler pipes but they are dry as well. The dieselfilter is in that area as well but it is dry. Nothing evident from underneath the car.

This seems to be more evident when traveling long distances when the engine gets hot. Definitely engine oil.

I cannot seem to find the source of this.

Help please?