Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

P2125 04 santa fe 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Default P2125 04 santa fe 3.5

My check engine light came on so I used an OBDII checker and it said code P2125 throttle/pedal position sensor. I 'm not sure what to do about it . do they mean the TPS or APS? What do these parts cost? And could it be something else?

Old 03-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

The throttle position sensor (TPS) needs to be replaced. Take it to a mechanic and have it replaced. If the car is still under warranty, go to the dealer and have it fixed for free.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Default please explain

Thank you for answering. Can you please explain why the TPS needs replaced and not the APS? I just found that the hmaservice website states that A p2125 code is an accelerator position sensor(aps#2 main) property malfunction. What am I missing here? Please help. I don't want to be nickeled and dime by ambiguous semantics.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by rsudano
Thank you for answering. Can you please explain why the TPS needs replaced and not the APS? I just found that the hmaservice website states that A p2125 code is an accelerator position sensor(aps#2 main) property malfunction. What am I missing here? Please help. I don't want to be nickeled and dime by ambiguous semantics.
Here's a thread discussing a similar problem:

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5207

The TPS and APS serve separate but related purposes in the Electronic Throttle System or ETS. Yes, it could involve an APS replacement.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 PM

I replaced the APS and cleared the code. Drove about 30 miles and the check engine light did not come back on. It accelerates from a stop a little better but is still very sluggish going up hills. I don't know what else to do with it.