04 Santa Fe Cv joint replacement issue - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:48 PM

Default 04 Santa Fe Cv joint replacement issue

ok so i decided I would change out the passanger side cv joint for my girlfriend, after hearing it clicking etc. I got the whole half shaft for it. I got the side of the cv joint out of the brake caliper so its hanging down on that side. My issue being the other side of the half shaft, the side that is connected to the transmission will not come out. Everything i read online says just pry it or pull it. I have spent hours with chains pry bars everything and it will not pop out of the transmission. Does anyone have any sugestion or previous experience with this that could help? It would be a lifesaver. It is a 04 santa fe 3.5l awd
Old 12-01-2013, 06:50 AM

hi some times you have to get under the car with a long chissel and hammer where it enters the gear box on a lip hit it hard rotate hit again it will come. good luck