Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Need help locating fuel pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Default Need help locating fuel pressure sensor

My wife has an 03 Santa Fe 3.5l. The biggest issues she has been having is that it is hesitating when she takes off from a stop and sometimes stalls at low speed. Sometimes it stutters when she comes to a stop (maybe the beginnings of a stall? I'm not great with cars). Otherwise it idles and drives fine. My father in law recently replaced the spark plugs thinking that could be the problem. After talking with a friend of his they think the problem is the fuel pressure sensor. I'm looking to replace it myself but I don't know where it's at. Could anyone give me a visual of how to find it? So far I haven't found anything online.

Last edited by Niem; 08-02-2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 08-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Before spending unnecessary time and $$$ ,I would like to ask 2 questions.

Have you considered having the computer checked for any codes, which if present, could help provide some direction ?
. Places like Autozone will do this for you at no cost..
Just checking, were the gaps on the newly installed spark plugs checked and verified to be set to the correct gap for your particular vehicle?
They do not always come correctly set for particular vehicles.
If you are not familiar with working on fuel systems, contact with today's gasoline is not recommended. Use gloves that will protect your skin and be aware of potential fire hazard.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Before spending unnecessary time and $$$ ,I would like to ask 2 questions.

Have you considered having the computer checked for any codes, which if present, could help provide some direction ?
. Places like Autozone will do this for you at no cost..
Just checking, were the gaps on the newly installed spark plugs checked and verified to be set to the correct gap for your particular vehicle?
They do not always come correctly set for particular vehicles.
If you are not familiar with working on fuel systems, contact with today's gasoline is not recommended. Use gloves that will protect your skin and be aware of potential fire hazard.
Would there be fault codes to be read if the the engine light is not on? We did have it read a while back and it said that cylinders 4 & 6 had multiple misfires. It was suggested that we try fuel injector cleaner. That seemed to work and the light hasn't come on since.

My father in law changed the plugs after that. I can't say whether or not he checked the gap but he did mention something about using platinum plugs cause it was required so I assume he checked the gap.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:26 PM

If you care to give this some consideration,
we don't know under what conditions you operate you vehicle, but when a vehicle is shut down after a hot run along comes a condition called "Hot Soak". Fuel in the injectors (the olefins) get baked on and can restrict fuel when the orifices of the injectors get plugged.
We also found that the problem does not occur as much when premium grade fuel is used. So, if every so often you fill up with a tank of premium that helps prevent the problem and helps clean the inj, tips.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:04 PM

The fuel tank pressure sensor is part of the Evap-emissions system.
It has nothing to do with how your engine runs.
It is used by the ECU to determine whether there is a leak in the vapor recovery system

Hestitation? Try cleaning the throttle body or using fuel injector cleaner
Clean MAF or MAP. Check the throttle position sensor.