Engine Hesitation,ESC light,Tachometer - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Santa Fe
Reload this Page >

Engine Hesitation,ESC light,Tachometer

Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Engine Hesitation,ESC light,Tachometer

Old 05-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Default Engine Hesitation,ESC light,Tachometer

I have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe that periodically hesitates when accelerating on the Hwy or going up a hill in town. It usually happens on the hwy after I have been driving for awhile and then had to slow down due to traffic conditions ,then upon accelerating back up to speed it hesitates with a clunking sound and the ESC light comes on and the Tachometer stops working. Sometimes it loses power and wont accelerate and I have to pull over and other times I can continue driving. When I turn the engine off for a few seconds everything returns to normal. I had a diagnostic check done and a C1611 code came up.The dealer found some corroded ground wires under the fuse panel that was causing a short which they cleaned and serviced but it did not solve the problem . Has anyone else had a similiar issue?

Old 08-09-2018, 03:14 AM

Hi Ranger,

Just wondering, did you ever solve this problem as I have the same and so far have changed all the air flow regulators....again the same thing....no power especially up hill. Some times it comes to 3000 revs and thats it until some time and then it revs again, but still not enough. Now i have come to a point that one mechanic says that it is the turbine? did you solve your problem?

Old 08-09-2018, 05:52 PM

Hey Erol

I had the Crankshaft Position Sensor replaced and it has solved the issue