Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Santa Fe (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-santa-fe-20/)
-   -   Great mpg a selling point for sure! (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-santa-fe-20/great-mpg-selling-point-sure-17646/)

SFUltimate 05-15-2019 11:05 AM

Great mpg a selling point for sure!

I know that Hyundai has been in trouble with the regulators in the past for overstating their mpg ratings......but yesterday, driving at 64 mph on a two lane hilly road for about 60 miles, we got 37.5 mpg (2019 2.4 Ultimate)....I can hardly believe the great mpg we are getting, both city and highway — both of which easily exceed the EPA’s ratings on the window sticker. Before this, we owned a 2017 Ford Fusion, and this new Santa Fe slaughters the mpg numbers of that little 4 door sedan!

hanky 05-17-2019 04:11 PM

Glad to hear you are getting such good MPG. Most times folks complain about low MPG.

SFUltimate 05-17-2019 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 56111)
Glad to hear you are getting such good MPG. Most times folks complain about low MPG.

First, I think that people need to know how to drive to get good mpg.......and second, I think it is mostly the 2.0 turbo for which people complain the most about their mpg....you spin that turbo, and your little 2.0 liter engine becomes a 4.0 liter thirstier engine if you are force feeding it an extra atmosphere....

suvlover 08-19-2019 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by SFUltimate (Post 56100)
I know that Hyundai has been in trouble with the regulators in the past for overstating their mpg ratings......but yesterday, driving at 64 mph on a two lane hilly road for about 60 miles, we got 37.5 mpg (2019 2.4 Ultimate)....I can hardly believe the great mpg we are getting, both city and highway — both of which easily exceed the EPA’s ratings on the window sticker. Before this, we owned a 2017 Ford Fusion, and this new Santa Fe slaughters the mpg numbers of that little 4 door sedan!

I agree....I personally have also seen X-lent gas mileage like you. I am super happy that I chose the 2.4 over the 2 liter turbo. Power wise it's perfect for my driving style. 99% of my driving time I have no need to pass vehicles. When I do pass I use common sense looking ahead.
My 2.4 SEL is smooth and quiet and think it was a real bargain for $26k !!

SFUltimate 08-19-2019 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by suvlover (Post 56753)
I agree....I personally have also seen X-lent gas mileage like you. I am super happy that I chose the 2.4 over the 2 liter turbo. Power wise it's perfect for my driving style. 99% of my driving time I have no need to pass vehicles. When I do pass I use common sense looking ahead.
My 2.4 SEL is smooth and quiet and think it was a real bargain for $26k !!

Our summer mpg has seemed to drop a little with more use of the A/C, but the little 2.4 is still a great engine. Uses a few revs climbing grades on the highway, but seems willing, eager and happy to do so. Seems like even the steeper grades can be climbed easily in 6th at about 3,200 rpm where the 2.4’s torque peak begins to climb as well.

suvlover 08-19-2019 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by SFUltimate (Post 56754)
Our summer mpg has seemed to drop a little with more use of the A/C, but the little 2.4 is still a great engine. Uses a few revs climbing grades on the highway, but seems willing, eager and happy to do so. Seems like even the steeper grades can be climbed easily in 6th at about 3,200 rpm where the 2.4’s torque peak begins to climb as well.

Normal for AC to use more gas on most vehicles, same as I had occur with v-8 engines.

suvlover 10-11-2019 08:40 AM

2019 2.4 SEL. l did a 30 mile mpg test run with 2 onboard ….
I did a gas mileage run 2 days ago on a fairly flat straight road. I set the cruise control at 60 mph in comfort mode.
At the end of the run in both directions my gas mileage averaged 35.7 mpg.
Amazing vehicle !!

suvlover 10-11-2019 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=suvlover;57108] 2019 2.4 SEL. l did a 30 mile mpg test run with 2 onboard ….
I did a gas mileage run 2 days ago on a fairly flat straight road. I set the cruise control at 60 mph in comfort mode.
At the end of the run in both directions my gas mileage averaged 35.7 mpg.
Amazing vehicle !!

Meant to say 30 mile test run.....