Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

LG navigation system update!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Default LG navigation system update!

I just got this from another forum:

UPDATE to outdated map version in 2009 Nav units.

I called Hyundai National Consumer Assistance Center
1-800 633 5151

They advised that the outdated map will be updated....the procedure is a bit cumbersome.
1. Order the update from mapnsoft.com ($299.)
2. Mapnsoft will refund $199. upon return of old disk
3. Call the above with proof of purchase, proof of ownership of vehicle, etc and they will refund the balance of $199.

Suggest you call the number above to get the information first hand. It sounded like this was not a new problem as they had the procedure at hand.
I'm assuming that the $199 in step 2 is actually $100, and that it's Hyundai which would (rightfully!) be refunding the remaining $199.

Hope this helps all the frustrated LG nav owners out there!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Default Anyone update their NAV lateley??

Originally Posted by jnojr
I just got this from another forum:

I'm assuming that the $199 in step 2 is actually $100, and that it's Hyundai which would (rightfully!) be refunding the remaining $199.

Hope this helps all the frustrated LG nav owners out there!

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten Hyundai to pay for the update to their NAV lateley. I got my 2009 in October and it's maps are from 2007 but I can't get them to say they will pay. They said I had to do it first then send in the receipts and they would consider it!

Anyone?

Old 03-13-2010, 08:38 AM

MAY, 2009

09-BE-004

Sonata inspection

2008-09 Veracruz / Azera / Santa Fe:

1. Turn key to the Accessory (ACC) position and press the OK button on the screen.

2. Push the SETUP button on the control panel.

3. Press the DEVICE INFO button in the SETUP screen.

4. Check the Map Version on the screen. The early Map Version is
2.3.2 (2007/07/04/14).

The most recent Map Version update (as of 02/01/09) is 02.03.02 (2009.02.12.05).

Confirm latest map version update by logging onto www.mapnsoft.com.

NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE PROCEDURE:

The navigation map database is updated through M&Soft America, Inc. Log on to the
website www.mapnsoft.com or call 1(714)775-0727 for assistance in acquiring the
latest update map database.

WARRANTY INFORMATION:

The navigation map update procedure is not covered under the factory warranty.

Last edited by sbr711; 03-13-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Angry

Originally Posted by sbr711
MAY, 2009

09-BE-004

Sonata inspection

2008-09 Veracruz / Azera / Santa Fe:

1. Turn key to the Accessory (ACC) position and press the OK button on the screen.

2. Push the SETUP button on the control panel.

3. Press the DEVICE INFO button in the SETUP screen.

4. Check the Map Version on the screen. The early Map Version is

2.3.2 (2007/07/04/14).

The most recent Map Version update (as of 02/01/09) is 02.03.02 (2009.02.12.05).

Confirm latest map version update by logging onto www.mapnsoft.com.

NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE PROCEDURE:

The navigation map database is updated through M&Soft America, Inc. Log on to the
website www.mapnsoft.com or call 1(714)775-0727 for assistance in acquiring the
latest update map database.

WARRANTY INFORMATION:

The navigation map update procedure is not covered under the factory warranty.

While "The navigation map update procedure is not covered under the factory warranty" I think it's pretty crappy if they would not cover the cost to update a map from 2007 to at least the year of the car...2009

Pretty sad if they wouldn't when they sell a map that is two (2!) years older than the car!!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:16 PM

SO Hyundai and MapnSoft has lost their minds.

You pay over $1000 far a nav package, they fail to mention that every time you need to update your maps you have to pay another company $200. THIS IS INSANE. I was going to buy another Hyundai but not now. I have a 6" TomTom for $160 that has lifetime maps and traffic and features this GPS system can't touch.

How can Hyundai charge you so much and not have free maps.
I though Hyundai was a good Honest company and find they are a piece of crap just like all the others. Not only that but the car already has 2 recalls and it has warranty issues where the sun roof switch stopped working and it rattles like crazy. Wish we would have went with the Chevy Cruz or the Ford Fiesta now.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Default I see nothing has changed in 3 years! Not Supprised though!

If you're Hyundai is new, don't give up the battle, I didn't but I did have to pay $100 for maps that were still old and very terrible and missing roads that had been there for over two years.

I will never buy a complete system like this EVER again (HELL I even found out later that the BluTooth was a old POS system will take calls. (while the radio is blaring but the NAV system will turn down on a call! Figure that out!!!) I can't even stream from my phone like all of the rest of the Hyundai's! The Santa Fe Limited was the only stereo that would connect your phone but you could not stream music. Oh, they fixed this issue in the next years model.

I stick with google, it gets FREE updates! It's FREE with any android phone I believe and I haven't had a real problem with it yet unlike the Hyundai that showed us underwater, in space and I think somewhere in the Twilight Zone!

Originally Posted by jodygsxr1k
SO Hyundai and MapnSoft has lost their minds.

You pay over $1000 far a nav package, they fail to mention that every time you need to update your maps you have to pay another company $200. THIS IS INSANE. I was going to buy another Hyundai but not now. I have a 6" TomTom for $160 that has lifetime maps and traffic and features this GPS system can't touch.

How can Hyundai charge you so much and not have free maps.
I though Hyundai was a good Honest company and find they are a piece of crap just like all the others. Not only that but the car already has 2 recalls and it has warranty issues where the sun roof switch stopped working and it rattles like crazy. Wish we would have went with the Chevy Cruz or the Ford Fiesta now.

Last edited by SantaFaer; 10-24-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:31 PM

I looked into the map update and figured I will purchase a Garmin that allows me to create my routes on my computer and upload them via USB. I can get a new Garmin for $150 with more bells and whistles than the built in Nav system. It is a rip-off at the best.

Any decent Navigation system today should allow integration with Open Street Maps or other map sources of your choice.

Of course, I would like the display to dim with the rest of the lights as well. I find that the display causes night blindness due to the brightness, even with the lowest night setting.